“Lovely”

Rose Cottage Tea Garden
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

We visited Rose Cottage for an afternoon tea. Two lovely warm scones with plenty of jam and clotted cream were served with coffee for myself and my husband and tea for my sister. The server was pleasant and we didn't wait long for our order. The scones were tasty. The only downside for me was that the scones were plain. It would have been nice to have a choice of fruit scones. It certainly didn't dampen my enjoyment - an argument about whether the jam or cream went on first ensued about which we agreed to differ.
Fabulous afternoon by the river....

Reviewed 7 July 2016

The selection at Rose Cottage is very good, cafetiere coffee excellent. You might think prices a little high but really they're no different elsewhere. Who cares anyway when the view is amazing? Just enjoy.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Great tea rooms had a wonderful coffee. All staff so friendly the only place to go to in Symmonds Yat for coffee or afternoon tea. Scones looked so tempting if only I wasn't on a diet!!! But will call again !

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Having been refused food at the nearby Saracens Head we arrived at the cosy Rose Cottage hungry and hoping for some food.

We were served promptly and ordered sausage baguette and Branson. This was really tasty and I really enjoyed the food .

This place had very friendly service & great views.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Really enjoyed our visit to this lovely tea garden. The sun was shining so we were able to sit outside and enjoy the stunning views across the river. Great menu choices at reasonable prices and the food we ordered was presented very attractively and quick. Very friendly staff, clean and tidy eating area. Could have sat there for hours watching the world go by.

Date of visit: June 2016