For the first time, we used this Guest House for a short stay (4 nights), and we were delighted in every way.
From the moment we arrived, we were made very welcome, the room was good, and the view from our room down the Wye to New Weir was spectacular. Throughout our stay, we felt that nothing was too much to ask for - and were pleased that prices for drinks were reasonable.
The area is beautiful, and we enjoyed getting lost in the woods (!). There are good places about for a meal, but sometimes the Guest House will do a meal. And if you want a real treat, have the Lamb Shank! I can still taste it!
Definitely a place worth considering for a future break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our four star guest-house. Visitors will be treated to a breakfast of their choice; much needed after the multitude of outdoor activities available on the doorstep. From short breaks to long stays, Gill and John do their best to cater for individual needs to make each stay unforgettable double and twin rooms offer panoramic river views, so for those who haven't managed the cycling, kayaking, hiking, fishing or climbing, they can still appreciate the famous Three Countries View (Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Monmouthshire) from the comfort of their room. Stunning bed and breakfast accommodation with panoramic views of the River Wye. Set in over an acre of beautiful gardens with lawns, shrubs and ornamental fish-pond. Total of eleven double bedrooms, all with en-suites. Licensed Bar,Free Wi-Fi Internet available. Conveniently located for Cheltenham, Chepstow, Gloucester, Hereford, Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye. Excellent road links to Cardiff and South Wales.Private parking. Pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance. Check-in time from 2.30pm, Check-out time is no later than 10.30am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your Forest View Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forest View Guest House Hotel Symonds Yat
- Forest View Guest House Symonds Yat, Herefordshire