Have just spent two nights at the Royal Lodge on a KGB break. Symonds Yat is a very beautiful spot the river Wye runs right through it and it is well located in the Forest of Dene. The hotel is located right on the river and is ideal for walking breaks also for sight seeing. it is as its name implies an old hunting lodge that has been standing there for many years.Symonds Yat East is a small hamlet that is a bit remote - no shops only the hotel and a pub plus two guest houses - so for eating you have to rely on either the hotel or the pub. This however is not too bad the meals are all freshly prepared (not microwaved) and although they are marginally on the expensive side the quality is good. The hotel itself is great value - the staff are very friendly and it appears to have had a facelift. Whilst our room was a little on the small side when one cosiders what we paid it was extremely good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Lodge at Symonds Yat East has an idyllic setting in the heart of the Wye Valley in an area of outstanding natural beauty where the River Wye cuts a swathe through a wooded gorge on the edge of the spectacular Royal Forest of Dean.The Lodge is nestled just below Symonds Yat Rock and stands exclusively in grounds of almost 5 acres overlooking the river. It has terraced gardens of magnolia trees and a well established wisteria. The Royal was originally built in 1876 as a Royal hunting lodge and was converted to a hotel in the 1920's. It has had a full and extensive refurbishment in 2008 and is managed by Graham Howells who has overseen the transformation and ensures that the level of service reflects the new development and idyllic location. The Royal Lodge is a great place to unwind with long relaxing walks in outstanding scenery. The hotel is also well situated to explore the Wye Valley, Brecon Beacons, Black Mountains and the South Wales coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your The Royal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hotel Symonds Yat
- Royal Hotel Symonds Yat
- The Royal Lodge Symonds Yat, Herefordshire