I visited this hotel for a few days with friends & family for an anniversary celebration & found it to be a charming old hotel with lots of character. Creaky stairs, quant nooks & crannies old fireplaces, such a refreshing change from the one look hotel chains.
The views are stunning, the walks are equally wonderful & the Wye just rolls on by about 20 feet from the end of the car park.
The rooms are well appointed many with panoramic views of the magnificent Wye Valley. The staff were very friendly & helpful, the food was excellent both breakfast & dinner, drinks were reasonably priced for a 4 star hotel not in the least bit eye watering like some I have been to.
All in all a great family hotel note it is NOT A CORPORATE CHAIN so there will be different furniture & decorations, there are no lifts there is also a cat who thinks he owns the place ...lol enjoy your visit I did!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Lodge at Symonds Yat East has an idyllic setting in the heart of the Wye Valley in an area of outstanding natural beauty where the River Wye cuts a swathe through a wooded gorge on the edge of the spectacular Royal Forest of Dean.The Lodge is nestled just below Symonds Yat Rock and stands exclusively in grounds of almost 5 acres overlooking the river. It has terraced gardens of magnolia trees and a well established wisteria. The Royal was originally built in 1876 as a Royal hunting lodge and was converted to a hotel in the 1920's. It has had a full and extensive refurbishment in 2008 and is managed by Graham Howells who has overseen the transformation and ensures that the level of service reflects the new development and idyllic location. The Royal Lodge is a great place to unwind with long relaxing walks in outstanding scenery. The hotel is also well situated to explore the Wye Valley, Brecon Beacons, Black Mountains and the South Wales coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hotel Symonds Yat
- Royal Hotel Symonds Yat
- The Royal Lodge Symonds Yat, Herefordshire