Last time I came I was working and stayed here on my own for three nights. This time was for pleasure and it was just as lovely. The staff are incredibly accommodating and friendly. Family room was clean and the bathroom was all that we needed.
Biggest mistake made was not eating here: instead we had a very disappointing meal along the river.
Slept well, massive veggie breakfast ( think Quorn sausages would be a better choice ) with good scrambled egg. Great to have your egg to order instead of trying to slice hard scrambled egg from a heated plate.
Look forward to another stay. The most beautiful setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Lodge at Symonds Yat East has an idyllic setting in the heart of the Wye Valley in an area of outstanding natural beauty where the River Wye cuts a swathe through a wooded gorge on the edge of the spectacular Royal Forest of Dean.The Lodge is nestled just below Symonds Yat Rock and stands exclusively in grounds of almost 5 acres overlooking the river. It has terraced gardens of magnolia trees and a well established wisteria. The Royal was originally built in 1876 as a Royal hunting lodge and was converted to a hotel in the 1920's. It has had a full and extensive refurbishment in 2008 and is managed by Graham Howells who has overseen the transformation and ensures that the level of service reflects the new development and idyllic location. The Royal Lodge is a great place to unwind with long relaxing walks in outstanding scenery. The hotel is also well situated to explore the Wye Valley, Brecon Beacons, Black Mountains and the South Wales coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hotel Symonds Yat
- Royal Hotel Symonds Yat
- The Royal Lodge Symonds Yat, Herefordshire