Twice in a month! We were so pleased with the first time around we came back and brought our dog to, I don't think she's walked so far in one day before. On short notice they were able to find us excellant rooms all with a river view. This time all the spring flowers were out and the weather was lovely - couldn't have picked a better weekend. Whilst the hotel was exceptionally busy because of the good weather it did not detract from the service we were given. Once again the food was fantastic - the menu had changed but the food was still up to standard, the duck with cherry sauce was out of this world.
Once again Graham and the team excelled themselves thank you for a weekend guys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Lodge at Symonds Yat East has an idyllic setting in the heart of the Wye Valley in an area of outstanding natural beauty where the River Wye cuts a swathe through a wooded gorge on the edge of the spectacular Royal Forest of Dean.The Lodge is nestled just below Symonds Yat Rock and stands exclusively in grounds of almost 5 acres overlooking the river. It has terraced gardens of magnolia trees and a well established wisteria. The Royal was originally built in 1876 as a Royal hunting lodge and was converted to a hotel in the 1920's. It has had a full and extensive refurbishment in 2008 and is managed by Graham Howells who has overseen the transformation and ensures that the level of service reflects the new development and idyllic location. The Royal Lodge is a great place to unwind with long relaxing walks in outstanding scenery. The hotel is also well situated to explore the Wye Valley, Brecon Beacons, Black Mountains and the South Wales coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hotel Symonds Yat
- Royal Hotel Symonds Yat
- The Royal Lodge Symonds Yat, Herefordshire