Lovely location right on the river - rooms are SUPPOSED to have views but my BOX room did not... unless I stood on the bed :( My friend did have a larger single room with a better view and YES I was miffed! But a bedroom is for sleeping in!
Hotel food is excellent (if pricey!) would avoid the sweets if I were you at £6 for a TINY portion they simply are not worth it - drinks are DEAR at £3.40 for a pint of cider BUT note that all accommodation in Symonds Yet East is owned by the same family SO THERE IS A MONOPOLY and the prices reflect this!
There are plenty of PUBS ouside the village where a great meal can be had for half the price!
Will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Lodge at Symonds Yat East has an idyllic setting in the heart of the Wye Valley in an area of outstanding natural beauty where the River Wye cuts a swathe through a wooded gorge on the edge of the spectacular Royal Forest of Dean.The Lodge is nestled just below Symonds Yat Rock and stands exclusively in grounds of almost 5 acres overlooking the river. It has terraced gardens of magnolia trees and a well established wisteria. The Royal was originally built in 1876 as a Royal hunting lodge and was converted to a hotel in the 1920's. It has had a full and extensive refurbishment in 2008 and is managed by Graham Howells who has overseen the transformation and ensures that the level of service reflects the new development and idyllic location. The Royal Lodge is a great place to unwind with long relaxing walks in outstanding scenery. The hotel is also well situated to explore the Wye Valley, Brecon Beacons, Black Mountains and the South Wales coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Odigeo, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hotel Symonds Yat
- Royal Hotel Symonds Yat
- The Royal Lodge Symonds Yat, Herefordshire