“One of the best restaurants in the area”
Review of Cafe Plaza - CLOSED

Cafe Plaza
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Surrey
“One of the best restaurants in the area”
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We have eaten at The Plaza several times over the past year, ever since we read a Tripadvisor review. We like the place so much that we travel some distance outside our home area to enjoy the consistently good food. The Plaza itself is an unassuming place, hence the name Cafe Plaza, it looks like a cafe rather than a restaurant, there are no table cloths and the napkins are plain white disposable. The food and service on the other hand are first rate. The dinner menu is more interesting than the lunch menu so I recommend going in the evening, start by sharing a meze platter for two then choose from the mains. My wife and I have tried the kleftico and sea bass recently and were more than satisfied. Unusually, on the last occasion they had not run out of baklavas so we had a pud too. The only reservation I have is on drink prices. A small sparkling water is £2.25 rising to nearly £4 for a litre, which is far too much for my liking. A pint of Peroni is £3.25 at lunch but £4.95 at dinner, so I suggest you should treat yourself to a glass of wine and ask for a jug of tap water.

• Visited July 2011
7 Thank AF_review

London, United Kingdom
“Flavour filled food and relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 May 2011

On all my visits, the food has never disappointed and the staff are always very pleasant.
My only complaint is that the Baklava for dessert is hard to get - people, please order more Baklava so they can get a good regular supply !
The music needs changing a bit more frequently if you're going to make an evening of it.
Otherwise a really nice place to eat.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank TripDM
Surrey, UK
“Best restaurant in Chertsey - brilliant atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We have been several times to Cafe Plaza and we love it. The food is always delicious - really tasty and wholesome. I prefer Cafe Plaza to other more expensive restaurants. We find the staff are really attentive without being pushy.
Cafe Plaza is a place to unwind. It's like stepping into a Mediterranean street cafe. The music transports you to Greece or Turkey or wherever you'd like. We've never noticed slow service - but we don't go to watch our clocks!
Every dish I have ever had at Cafe Plaza has been a hit with me - including shared platters chosen by my partner.
Sometimes it's full - sometimes it is really empty. But I am pleased to support this independent restaurant because, above all, the food is excellent.
People of Chertsey and beyond, I recommend Cafe Plaza. You won't be disappointed if our experience is anything to go by - and we've eaten here six or seven times over the last year.

• Visited May 2011
Surrey
“THE best restaurant in Chertsey”
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I have eaten in Cafe Plaza many times now and I have to say it is the best place to dine out in in Chertsey by far. I go there some Saturdays for lunch with my Dad and the only criticism I have is the daytime staff are not very good. The chap stands behind the bar area and now they have extended this up can obviously not see round to all the tables, therefore he is not very attentive at all.
Evenings however are a complete contract with Eddie welcoming you his smiling face. As I go in there so often I do get a hug and a kiss on both cheeks, makes me feel very welcome indeed. Food is excellent and I absolutely cannot fault the chef in any way. Their kleftiko is out of this world. Tzatziki is gorgeously homemade, tastes fantastic with the warm pitta bread. Olives are in abundance when you are waiting for the food but the atmosphere in the evenings there is lovely. Myself and my friend are having a joint birthday dinner there and with 24 people invited it will challenge them I am sure. I spoke with Eddie last night who is going to work out a wonderful set menu for us. I cannot wait to go back!!!!

Accrington, Lancashire
“Fantastically Flavoursome Food”
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Thoroughly recommend this excellent restaurant but would advise booking ahead. We visited on a Saturday evening and every table was taken. The mixed meze for two is delightful, and our mains were well cooked and full of flavour. Attentive and pleasant staff, reasonable(for Chertsey!) drink prices, great ambience.