“Great Food! Good price”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
“Great Food! Good price”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We live in Chertseyand frequent here often. Fresh home made food, great selection and great staff. Kofte with homemade chilli is delicious along with garlic mushrooms, prawn and advocado (80's I know but love it) and the schnitzel....I could go on. Husband loves the Efes beer!

Dartmoor National Park, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 4,252 helpful votes
“Fine but nothing really spectacular”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We visited whilst staying in Chertsey based on the Tripadvisor reviews, visiting on a Tuesday night. We found the food to be fine although nothing really spectacular for a number 1 rated restaurant. We opted for the Lamb Cutlets with Sumac and Mixed Grill for mains (costing £11 and £12 respectively). The lamb was quite tender but we could not taste any sumac; the mixed grill had lamb shish (OK), chicken (nice) and kofte (OK) but the portions weren't huge for the money. We did not bother with desserts. Overall the food was OK and the service good but I wouldn't rush back.

• Visited August 2011
6 Thank chammp
Surrey
“One of the best restaurants in the area”
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We have eaten at The Plaza several times over the past year, ever since we read a Tripadvisor review. We like the place so much that we travel some distance outside our home area to enjoy the consistently good food. The Plaza itself is an unassuming place, hence the name Cafe Plaza, it looks like a cafe rather than a restaurant, there are no table cloths and the napkins are plain white disposable. The food and service on the other hand are first rate. The dinner menu is more interesting than the lunch menu so I recommend going in the evening, start by sharing a meze platter for two then choose from the mains. My wife and I have tried the kleftico and sea bass recently and were more than satisfied. Unusually, on the last occasion they had not run out of baklavas so we had a pud too. The only reservation I have is on drink prices. A small sparkling water is £2.25 rising to nearly £4 for a litre, which is far too much for my liking. A pint of Peroni is £3.25 at lunch but £4.95 at dinner, so I suggest you should treat yourself to a glass of wine and ask for a jug of tap water.

• Visited July 2011
7 Thank AF_review
London, United Kingdom
“Flavour filled food and relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 May 2011

On all my visits, the food has never disappointed and the staff are always very pleasant.
My only complaint is that the Baklava for dessert is hard to get - people, please order more Baklava so they can get a good regular supply !
The music needs changing a bit more frequently if you're going to make an evening of it.
Otherwise a really nice place to eat.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank TripDM
Surrey, UK
“Best restaurant in Chertsey - brilliant atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We have been several times to Cafe Plaza and we love it. The food is always delicious - really tasty and wholesome. I prefer Cafe Plaza to other more expensive restaurants. We find the staff are really attentive without being pushy.
Cafe Plaza is a place to unwind. It's like stepping into a Mediterranean street cafe. The music transports you to Greece or Turkey or wherever you'd like. We've never noticed slow service - but we don't go to watch our clocks!
Every dish I have ever had at Cafe Plaza has been a hit with me - including shared platters chosen by my partner.
Sometimes it's full - sometimes it is really empty. But I am pleased to support this independent restaurant because, above all, the food is excellent.
People of Chertsey and beyond, I recommend Cafe Plaza. You won't be disappointed if our experience is anything to go by - and we've eaten here six or seven times over the last year.

• Visited May 2011