All reviews river view thorpe park boathouse restaurant boat house lovely hotel stayed here for one night plenty of parking full english saturday night a lovely stay car parking excellent value for money helen carvery ducks heathrow surrey
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived, Tuesday 13th November. Took two people an about ten minutes to find my booking. Room 133, "through the doors and down to the left sir". After 5 minutes of wandering through the corridor of the first floor I decided to go back and admit defeat. " oh sorry your room is actually through the bar and up on the first floor. Sorry I'm new". Okay...let it slide. Executive room! Things looking up. Gets into room and a corner of the bed is turned down however the pillow looks...funny...crumpled! Whatever! got some phone calls to make. I've been up since one in the morning so something to eat is priority. Gets back eats it quick and jumps into bed. Quite a lot of noise from the main road. Gets up in the morning and goes in for a shower. Two towels over the bath covering the bath mat. Gets into shower. Body wash bottle lying opened. Starts to dawn on me! Gets out of shower and go into main room. The complimentary bottle of water is half finished with one of the glasses with some in it. Coffee cup used. Confirmed...the rooms not been cleaned from the previous occupants visit!!! Gets dressed and I have to run out the door so quick breakfast, I'll make a toasted sandwich. Ran the bread through the toaster twice and still get no more than hot bread. Ah to hell with it i'll throw a bit of bacon on it. Opens the hot plate. Everything undercooked. Right...bit of black pudding then. Looked okay until I saw the underside. F**king raw! So I got two bits of hot bread for brekkie. As I'm leaving, I inform staff that the room was not cleaned and got the obligatory "oh we're really sorry". Im thinking maybe they'll leave a wee note or something in the room. Gets back for second night room cleaned thank God. Next thing behind the deciding door I become party to a conversation which may as well be happening in my room. Made a coffee and though...you get a wee complimentary biscuit...where is it? I take it, it should go in the empty pot next to the cups...oh well good to see they pulled out the stops to make sure my second night stay was better. I am a big fat guy right enough maybe they were doing me a favour which would explain the issue of Bella diet special. On the whole, crap experience for £135 per night!!! Only saving grace a tall fair haired chap that always acknowledged you with a greeting.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Bridge Chertsey E, Manager at Bridge Hotel, Chertsey, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I am terribly sorry about your recent experience with us. We did have a new team member on that night so there were a couple hiccups.

If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me on either below.

Phone: 01932 565644
Email: bridgechertsey@youngs.co.uk

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one evening after visiting Thorpe Park, checked in at 23:30 the man on the reception was welcoming and friendly. The check in was quick and entering the room was very warm! We weren’t complaining after a cold day in the park so it was ideal! Room was clean and tidy, it was just what we needed. We had a lakeside view room which was nice in the morning my only gripe was the ducks at 5:30/6:00am woke me up but you’re by a lake what else would you expect. Breakfast had plenty of choice, I had the full English but other than the plates being hot the food wasnt that warm but again I wasn’t too fussed about that. The staff were nice and friendly and I’d stay here again no problem at all.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for the lovely review! I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

The sink and bath were full of hair and there was urine on the toilet when we first arrived and then later on realised that the pillow on the bed was falling apart. Our sofa bed had no sheets and not enough pillows for our 2 children to sleep there

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lilyyyce

I am terribly sorry to hear this Lilyyyce. Our housekeeping team are always thorough when cleaning the rooms so I can only apologise.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me on either of the below;

Phone: 01932 565644
Email: bridgechertsey@youngs.co.uk

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

I’ve clicked five stars not because it’s a five star hotel but because I’ve no criticisms. I stayed two nights last week for work and have booked for next week. Room was very clean, a generous size with a full bathroom. It’s very quiet, heating is electric but it works really well. Some nice touches include the bottle of water and excellent home made flapjack biscuits. The cooked breakfast is excellent, if you like a full English, good produce well cooked. Parking is included right by the hotel front door. Service staff are pleasant and professional. At this price it’s good value for the area.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2018

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, particularly the staff in the restaurant. However I thought the room could do with a spruce up, for example the towel rail in the bathroom was hanging off the wall, the grout in some of the tile was yellowish brown, and the curtains were falling off the rail slightly. The food in the restaurant was fine, although I didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that. The best was quite uncomfortable, with a very soft mattress.

• Trip type: Travelled on business