“Midweek Stay”
Review of The Bridge Hotel

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Staff we're really helpful and friendly.
Room was clean and decor was tasteful.
We didn't eat in the restaurant as a bit pricey but 8mins away is Tescos, harvester, kfc etc.
We had a view on to the lake.
would stay here again for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Jo Anne L S
Peter D, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Guest
Many thanks for your kind comments. I hope we have the pleasure of greeting you again and on your next visit I really would recommend giving the restaurant a try!
Many thanks again

There are newer reviews for The Bridge Hotel

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Yet another hotel that reads loads better than it is. Reception was friendly and informative but only a few yards from the bar, which was noisy. The walk to the room exposed the true age and condition of the hotel. The décor was old and paintwork flakey and dirty. The room was much the same, not impressed at all. Went down to find the restaurant and realised it was open, and next to the very noisy bar. I went straight back to my room and ordered room service. Meal was average. The new, wall mounted TV didn't have any ITV channels. Didn't worry me, but a bit odd I thought. Couldn't sleep for the noise of people coming back late from the bar. The staff, of one, at breakfast was helpful enough. Just as I sat down, the cleaner started up the hoover. That was enough for me, I was off. I think I'm a pretty fair reviewer , but this place is no better than an over-priced B&B..... And, no, I won't be returning

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for your response and I am sorry you were unhappy with your stay. We are currently undergoing a refurbishment of rooms and corridors at the moment to address the decor issues.
I confess to being confused by the lack of ITV channels as this can only happen when the television is manually reset and that is a very complex procedure.
We are a very popular venue and the bar does get busy but any noise generated is simply that of people talking and enjoying themselves - we have a TV in the bar area but with the volume kept deliberately low, we do not have loud music playing or a juke box or any other such noise makers and we close the bar at 11pm specifically out of thought for fellow residents, and for that reason we do not hoover the restaurant at night, but wait until the morning.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

My husband and I stayed one night during our holidays at beginning of September. The room was comfortable although 2 of the pillows were hopeless. The bathroom could have been a bit cleaner, brown marks on top of the bath from the shower door. The breakfast menu was misleading saying it had a hot breakfast buffet as much as you would like. We went down for breakfast, there was no hot buffet, only a continental buffet. We made our own toast, although one of the toasters was broken. The waitress then came to ask for our breakfast order. When it arrived the black pudding and sausage was overcooked and hard. The mushrooms were just warm and the beans were barely warm. The fried bread was solid. The best thing was the poached egg. We think the breakfast must have been made at 7 at the start of serving and left in the heater, hence it went hard.

We wont be returning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and I am sorry breakfast was a disappointment. The menu is misleading and actually refers to the cold buffet items, we do however have a hot buffet most weekends. I am pleased to report the toaster has been replaced and is now in full working order.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Our stay did not start too well when we asked to check in early as we were going to a wedding and wanted to change before the ceremony after a long car journey. We had booked several rooms between us but one would have done. We were told we would be charged £16.00 and that did not make any of us feel particularly welcome. When we checked in, the surface next to the sink was covered in stains and the two glasses had lots of toothpaste from the previous occupiers. There was no hairdryer, which is astonishing when you pay £85 per night and the pillows were really hard. The breakfast was functional but not particularly exciting. However, there was a really pleasant waitress who went out of her way to be helpful. The rooms are quite large and some of them have a view of the Thames. The hotel is located on a busy main road but there is double glazing. On a hot night, however, you need to keep the window open so bring your earplugs!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cuartodetula

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments and I am very sorry to hear you were not happy during your stay. If I may clear up a couple of points - charges for early check-in and late check-outs are fairly common place nowadays and can be as much as £75 in some Hotels, and unfortunately hair dryers (as with other removable items) do get taken from bedrooms despite our best efforts. Your other points have been noted and passed on to the team and thank you again for your comments

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We have stayed here a lot as it is a bit querky and a bit hit and miss.
The rooms look tired, even those that have been renovated. Main reason for this is lack of attention to detail by the housekeeping staff. Sometime the rooms are vacuumed and sometimes not. Bedding in often almost thrown on the beds.
If the owners applied more attention to the details then this would be a great hotel.
It is right on the river so the rooms that side have great views.
The checkin staff vary from OK to outstandingly helpful. Again a bit more training and they would all be good.
Nice bar and the resturant turns out some really good food

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms or a river view. More expensive but worth it
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

May I thank you for your comments and I have passed your observations on to the team here. I look forward to seeing you at The Bridge again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have stayed here several times and the accommodations, restaurant, and service are consistently good for a modest inn. The location right on the river is almost outside of town, but still walkable when the weather cooperates. It is an ideal location if you like to walk or run, as there is a trail along the Thames on the opposite side of the bridge.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bridge in the near future.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed for two nights in late August 2013 at The Bridge Hotel. The staff were warm and welcoming. The rooms were basic and clean. Breakfast on Friday morning was waitress service. On Saturday morning the breakfast was buffet style. There was everything from cereal, pastries and a full English. However, on the Saturday most of the full English was overcooked. I overheard a member of staff say that the Chef was late and had missed his train. The bar was a little overpriced. What was a disappointment was you could not buy a drink from the hotel bar or charge it to your room after 11pm. This was disappointing. Having traveled over 5 hours to get to the hotel we could not get a drink after 11pm. Would I stay here again. Perhaps not.

Room Tip: Rooms 1,2 and 3 have a small patio that overlook the river but no chairs and table on the patio.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and I am sorry to hear you were upset by our bar closing hours - we would have been perfectly happy to give you drinks to take to your room. I hope you will visit us again and I look forward to seeing you

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
Travelodge Chertsey Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!