“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Wallsend,England.
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed here 3 times this year and was very pleased with it each time, Although its a bit of a job getting out of the site in the morning because of its location right on the river. But the rooms are very comfortable and the food was exceptional especially the ribs, The staff where very friendly and helpful and overall lead to a very pleasant stay

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Neil W, Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Hi GeordieRed
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us & glad you enjoyed the ribs!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

In brief? It’s cheap for what it is, parking is plentiful (and free), wifi worked ok (and is free) and staff are polite and helpful.

Our first impressions were pretty positive…there’s a drop off area right outside the hotel, parking is just across the road (and it’s free). Reception staff were always happy to help (extra towels, temporary storage of our stuff, etc). The building looks fully accessible and there’s even a lift up to the first floor.

The hotel décor in the corridor up to the rooms and the rooms themselves (ours, at least) felt tired. Some of the door frames on the first floor looked damaged or in need of painting. The room itself was fine, a reasonable sized bed and a river view (which was a real plus). The bathroom was fine too.

There’s a bar which doubles as a dining room, we had a beer and a glass of wine there and it was fine. The only real disappointment was breakfast. We chose just the continental breakfast on day 1 which was adequate. The cooked breakfast on day 2 (a Saturday) was not good. We thought it was quite dry and congealed and with serving trays that were hard to use (how do you hold a pan lid in one hand, a plate in the other and still put food on your plate?).

If breakfast had been a little better quality, it would have left an overwhelmingly positive impression. As it is, we liked the hotel. The location is hard to fault, about 5-10 minutes from the M25 and half an hour to Kingston by car, suited us admirably. Breakfast was not bad enough to stop us coming back again some time. It is very reasonably priced.

(PS it's close to Heathrow but we heard just 4 planes from 10pm-midnight)

Room Tip: Ask for a river view eg room 110. You might pay a little extra but it's worth it in the morning...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter D, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Guest

Many, many thanks for your kind words.It was a pleasure looking after you during your stay and I promise Breakfast will be worth 5 stars on your next visit!!

See you soon
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

stayed here and thought it was fabulous, the food was great,, yummy ribs, and burgers, breakfast was very good, staff very friendly , i cant say a bad word about ths fabulous wee hotel, will definately return,

Room Tip: great location
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Bernadette
So pleased we helped make your stay such a good one. We are all looking forward very much to seeing you again!!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say! What a fantastic stay. My friend and I travelled from Manchester on a Friday night to stay at this hotel prior to a trip to Thorpe Park. As a pair of self-confessed hotel snobs we weren't expecting to be dazzled considering what we paid for the rooms, however upon arrival we could not have been happier. The hotel was lovely and welcoming, the lady on reception greeted us with a smile and told us we had been upgraded to a suite! Certainly worth the crawl down the M6. The room was lovely and clean and spacious with a bathroom to die for and enough room to do cartwheels in if necessary. The bed was incredibly comfy and the environment was generally very pleasant. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant and went back to our rooms very happy indeed. The only slight issue was the noise of the water pipes that was quite prominent by the wall adjacent to the beds, however this proved only a small issue as we were both asleep in minutes.
We were greeted in the morning by our wake up call and when we needed extra milk for our tea it arrived in minutes! An absolutely fantastic experience, excellent value for money and 2 very happy customers. We have booked to come back and stay for 2 nights on the1st and 2nd October for a birthday and are genuinely looking forward to our stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. It is so nice for the team here to know that their efforts have not gone unnoticed. We all look forward to seeing you again soon at The Bridge

Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

We went to the bridge hotel for an evening meal with family, this is the first time we have been there. Hotel decor was very nice and modern.
The food was very nice but the service could do with some improvement. I ordered a rump steak which I asked for rare with no chips and salad instead.
When my food arrived I had chips no salad, definatley wasn't a rump steak as three other people in our group had rump steak and mine was nothing like there steaks. It also wasn't cooked rare, my husbands was rare and he ordered medium rare.
They did bring out a side salad to replace the one I was missing. Shame as the food was cooked really well feel it let's the chef down a bit.
We had coffee and wanted sweetener not sugar and was told they had run out!!.
I would return to the bridge hotel for a meal as the food was very good and big portions all freshly cooked, just feel the staff waiting the tables need a bit more training.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank chocolatedarwin
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your kind comments. I have passed your remarks on to the rest of the team and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Many thanks
Pembroke, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have never posted any review before on any type of review website but my experience at this hotel made me feel that i needed to make others aware of the situation at this hotel.I have included my full response to the hotel in the report below. The hotel did offer a £ 20 refund which i declined .

My letter to hotel is as follows-(no explanation or reason has been provided for the dirty state the hotel was in ).

I must advise you of the serious issues my family and I encountered at your hotel on the above date. We live in Pembrokeshire West Wales and were staying in Surrey to visit family.Our Party consisted of myself ,my wife and 10 year old son.

I can outline our experience as follows:-

arrived at hotel around 3.30pm and checked in to room
went out for dinner with friends returning to hotel about 9pm
on arriving back at hotel noticed that a wedding party was taking place in part of the ground floor
from reception it was clear that the wedding party was indeed not confined to any particular area as wedding guests were occupying all of the ground floor from the seating near reception,being served across the full width of the bar and using the external areas near the river.
the disco was at a high volume which filled the whole of the ground floor and together with the many wedding guests made it impossible for my family and I to have a quiet drink and relax in the hotel before retiring for the evening
the disco was clearly audible from our room 218 which was closest to this area on the first floor.It was not possible to sleep until it had finished
On returning to the room which was very warm(as we had closed the patio doors before leaving) we turned the ceiling fan on. within a few seconds of doing this we noticed a significant amount of dust falling on to the bed and drifting around the room which was clearly coming from the ceiling fan
We stopped the fan and observed the thick layer of dust on this fan which clearly had not been cleaned for a considerable time.
I attach photos of this fan for information
Clearly this situation was concerning but was made more serious due to my son suffering with asthma.
given the time of day we decided to go to bed and report this in the morning to reception
the next morning spoke to reception and advised of situation.
the domestics manager visited our room shortly after to view the fan. Her response was "this is not good.........I have only been in post for 5 weeks and there is a lot to do in this place to bring it to standard.......I have carpet cleaners coming next week to sort out carpets etc"
when I went for breakfast about 20 mins later (about 9.15am ) i was advised that given the above I would not have to pay for a full breakfast.
We entered the breakfast restaurant at about 9.20am
my wife went to make two cups of tea but no cups etc were available- note at least 3 staff were on duty and simply standing around -when requested a staff member quickly arrived with more cups
I went to the cereal area but found no dishes- again when requested a staff member arrived with more dishes
I went with my son to the cooked breakfast area and noticed there were no eggs and very little bacon.
we were advised that more food was on its way- we sat down to wait
about 10 mins later a hot plate arrived and another couple who had already requested eggs and my son and I went to serve ourselves. When I opened the server unit it was clear that only 3 eggs had been brought out ( I had seen the couple in front) only take one each.
when I asked for one more egg I was advised that breakfast was now over as it was 10.05 am . it seemed irrelevant that we had waited for cups ,dishes and eggs which is why it was that time.
my wife ended up having 2 pieces of toast, i managed to make one bacon sandwich and my son had one egg and a small piece of bacon.
whilst we sat there we observed at least 4 tables that had been left uncleared for at least 30 mins with staff just standing around
I hope you can see from the above that during my stay at your hotel the standards of cleanliness,catering,and a range of staff service standards left us feeling extremely disappointed.

I would appreciate it if you could consider carefully what I have noted above as dependent on your response I will need to escalate all of the above points to an appropriate level. I do believe in allowing any business to "put things right" before making such observations a matter of public information .
I also understand that the manager is currently on sick leave so have copied this e-mail to Gabby [--] so that any action necessary can be promptly actioned.

I look forward to hearing from you

Robert. J. Elliott

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank paswword5

Travellers are raving about these Chertsey hotels

Addlestone
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the Bridge hotel. My expectations were not high and were happily surpassed during our stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, especially the reception girl, the room was clean and in decent order and there was a fan in the room. Wi-Fi was excellent.
Ignorant and noisy guests are an occupational hazard and there were a few.
Don't expect the world and you won't be disappointed, I will go again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter D, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your kind comments and we hope to see you back at The Bridge very soon.

Many thanks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
The Warren Lodge Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,476 reviews

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!