“OK but not the best”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Wickford, United Kingdom
“OK but not the best”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Spent 2 nights here for a birthday break. We knew Christmas functions would be on but bar staff refused to do a sandwich or offer lunch bar menu when we arrived as they were too busy. Ordered cab for 6.45 in evening to go to restaurant but it was ordered for 7.45, didn't receive newspaper in morning as requested. Plus side, hotel clean, breakfast ok, staff ok, would be nice location in summer

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank nickygg
Neil W, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Hi nickygg

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the service of the food in the bar, at no time should any member of the team refuse any products to our guests. Rest assured I will be looking into this further and ensuring corrective training is given to the Food & Beverage team.

I apologise for the mix up with the taxi, having spoken to my Reception Manager she has asked me to pass on her apologies and will ensure that the right procedures are followed by her team

I do hope we will welcome you back to the hotel again soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Devon
Reviewed 8 December 2013

A very nice clean room with a lovely bed. The bedroom was recently refurnished and spotless. One of the pillow cases was ripped ... But I did mention this to reception. It was fine as it was only me but I would have got them to change it if I was staying with my husband. I booked in early which was no problem and the receptionist was excellent. I did not have a good nights sleep but to it being to hot and it was noises.. But living in the middle of nowhere in an old draughty house with no traffic for miles I am not use to being warm and cars outside.

1 Thank jo4012
Hi jo4012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the hotel, I was pleased to read that you were looked after by the Reception team.
Your comments regarding the pillow case was noted and I have since spoken to my Head Housekeeper to review her processes.

Next time you stay, do ask for a room away from the main road to enjoy the traquility of the Thames
Newmarket-on-Fergus, Ireland
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Close to Heathrow. Taxi from heathrow to the Bridge cost was €35.
Free WiFi.
Breakfast is Continental...but a waiter/waitress will come round to and ask if you would like, Bacon & Egg & Sausage, etc. So if your're in a hurry don't expect the hot breakfast to be ready...plan to go to breakfast 15 mins early than you planned.
Staff are very helpful and friendly.
Great Pub grub is served until 10 pm in the bar.
Remember to turn on room heater on those cold nights.
Would recommend.

Hi sbelmour
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us, I was pleased to read that we met your expectations.

I was particulary pleased to read that the team were helpful and friendly during your stay
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have just spent 2 nights here and I have to say for the price, the rooms and breakfast were excellent. The beds were really comfortable, decent bathroom, iron and board in the rooms which is always a bonus! Great for parking and a good location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi SallyR
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us
I was delighted to read your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon
Not Chertsey
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I'm quite calm client and service providers should be really worse to encourage me initiating a claim. This hotel enforced me to claiming several times for 2week long stay. Below are some facts:
* Cardboard walls - you can hear how grandma living next door is ordering her airplane tickets, as well as steps of your neighbour at next storey (so it's very bad idea to spent your honeymoon time here). So that, pay extra attention to your TV sound volume to not disturb your neighbours.
* Elevator - strong permanent smell of ink inside but it definitely was painted quite a long time ago; anyway it's better to use stairs as the elevator is very slow
* Room clearing - most pity part of my story: room was dirty from very beginning, my verbal claims to reception had no success as well as written notes on my table - it was 3 days long battle to convert the room to something mediocre in terms of cleanness
* Table... it has magic drawers! Whenever you shut them in, they roll out after a while constantly (so I used to insert some papers etc between the floor and table's front legs
* Another "T-started" word, towels. First towel was with black spot (lush ink?), next was with big hole in the middle (enough to put your finger through), third day it was with light-brown spot (cometics indeed) so I blew up and visited the reception. Later that evening, they gave me two towels instead as a replacement. Mamma mia, first one was with yellow rusty spot and small hole simultaneously, happily second one was clean and one piece.
* Bathroom walls were in black curly hairs
* Lamps - two of them but very little amount of light, especially if compare with bathroom light
* Windows - bug shells, webs and all that staff
* Wi-Fi with unpredictable quality
* Hair-drier was missed from very beginning so I used to ask one at reception. At next week, room personnel discovered that original hair-drier was missing so they put second one to me not checking that I was given with first one before. Now I have two - looks ma, I'm a hair-drier cowboy, paf-paf!
Surely, this is not all what I experienced in this hotel for 2 weeks. Would I return to it again? No-no-no!

2 Thank Yury75
Hi Yuri75

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at the hotel.

I would ask you to contact me at the hotel on neil.wheeler@galleonhotels.com to discuss your comments further

Travellers are raving about these Chertsey hotels

Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Last minute booking meant we got a lovely ensuite river view room for just under £55.00 excluding breakfast which suited our needs.
For what we paid, we felt we had exceptional value. The bed was comfortable and we had all we needed in the room.
The hospitality tray is meagre, just a few packets of coffee/tea, no biscuits BUT the hotel guide made it clear you can ring down for extras including fresh milk.
Housekeeping do need to pay closer attention to detailed cleaning. Bath fixtures and grouting were discoloured and need treating but overall the room felt clean.
We didn't eat there at all so can't comment on the restaurant. The service from the people we met was very pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside room. The curtains are very effective at keeping out light and the traffic noise...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi SwordMaiden
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us
I am pleased to read your comments and have noted the Housekeeping remarks, I have spoken to the Head Housekeeper who instigated a refresh in her teams training
We are currently in the process of redecorating our rooms and bathrooms

I look forward to welcoming you back soon
Wallsend,England.
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed here 3 times this year and was very pleased with it each time, Although its a bit of a job getting out of the site in the morning because of its location right on the river. But the rooms are very comfortable and the food was exceptional especially the ribs, The staff where very friendly and helpful and overall lead to a very pleasant stay

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Neil W, Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Hi GeordieRed
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us & glad you enjoyed the ribs!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
The Warren Lodge Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!