“food”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“food”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We were staying at the camping and caravan club site over the new year period and decided to have a meal on one lunch time, as we had a 20 per cent discount because we were staying at the club site. What a big mistake. The food was served on cold plates, the chips were cremated and the steak was as tough as a boot sole. As for the condiments, we had to ask three times, by which time the food was as cold as the plates.We did complain and got a further discount but will not be going there again. The other problem for us was when a waiter was cleaning the tables he put his fingers inside the clean glasses so he could wipe the table and then to replace them back on the table for other customers to drink from.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keith T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I've stayed a few times now,never having the same room twice and always during the week.
The rooms I have stayed in do need a refurb and seem quite tired, small things like carpet stains, torn curtains etc. Room service was ok, food was fine. For example on two occasions I had no cutlery with my food, no condiments and so whilst I got why I need my food was cold. At other time there is no shower gel in the room, even the used bottles left behind.
The reception staff where always pleasant and would replace any damp towel or shower gel, just more effort required.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Neil W, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear johnc3720
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay.
We are currently working our way through all the rooms to improve the condidtion of the asthetics, I am sure on your next visit you will notice the improvements made.
I have passed on your comments to my Heads of Departments to review their training with the team

york
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I've stayed a few times now,never having the same room twice.If your here on a weekend ask for a room on the top floor as the hotel has live music or parties.and you can hear it on the lower floors.
I was working close by so never ate there(breakfast on a weekend not until 8am)
Id have gave this hotel five stars but the room servicing lets it down,something you spot on repeat visits.Even if you put the towels in the bath as requested to get a clean one on the servicing it wont stop them refolding it and using it again,agghh damp towel on your return.
Also if you use the complimentary shampoo or shower gel,bin it if empty as you'll find an empty bottle left,not fun as you only find out as your sat in the bath.My bed wasn't made on a few occasions.
The reception staff where always pleasant and would willingly replace any damp towel or shower gel,just a shame they have to.

Room Tip: Higher rooms generally quieter
Dear b0baj0b
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us, I have taken your comments to my Head Housekeeper who will instigate improved training with immediate effect

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Positive it was clean and tidy. Staff were friendly.Breakfast was good. But food in the evening was awful. No white wine or even sparkling wine to be had. Staff obviously very new and no idea about the menu. was given a soup spoon to eat dessert and the waiter apologised there were no more other spoons??? Cold in the public areas. No more toilet paper in the room. No decent sound insulation between rooms.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Charlotte P
Thank you for your review of your stay, it was frustrating to read your experience as it did not match the high levels of service we pride ourselves on.
Your comments and feedback will enable me to focus further training for the team, especially in our Food & Beverage department

Wickford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Spent 2 nights here for a birthday break. We knew Christmas functions would be on but bar staff refused to do a sandwich or offer lunch bar menu when we arrived as they were too busy. Ordered cab for 6.45 in evening to go to restaurant but it was ordered for 7.45, didn't receive newspaper in morning as requested. Plus side, hotel clean, breakfast ok, staff ok, would be nice location in summer

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank nickygg
Neil W, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Hi nickygg

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the service of the food in the bar, at no time should any member of the team refuse any products to our guests. Rest assured I will be looking into this further and ensuring corrective training is given to the Food & Beverage team.

I apologise for the mix up with the taxi, having spoken to my Reception Manager she has asked me to pass on her apologies and will ensure that the right procedures are followed by her team

I do hope we will welcome you back to the hotel again soon
Devon
Reviewed 8 December 2013

A very nice clean room with a lovely bed. The bedroom was recently refurnished and spotless. One of the pillow cases was ripped ... But I did mention this to reception. It was fine as it was only me but I would have got them to change it if I was staying with my husband. I booked in early which was no problem and the receptionist was excellent. I did not have a good nights sleep but to it being to hot and it was noises.. But living in the middle of nowhere in an old draughty house with no traffic for miles I am not use to being warm and cars outside.

1 Thank jo4012
Hi jo4012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the hotel, I was pleased to read that you were looked after by the Reception team.
Your comments regarding the pillow case was noted and I have since spoken to my Head Housekeeper to review her processes.

Next time you stay, do ask for a room away from the main road to enjoy the traquility of the Thames
Newmarket-on-Fergus, Ireland
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Close to Heathrow. Taxi from heathrow to the Bridge cost was €35.
Free WiFi.
Breakfast is Continental...but a waiter/waitress will come round to and ask if you would like, Bacon & Egg & Sausage, etc. So if your're in a hurry don't expect the hot breakfast to be ready...plan to go to breakfast 15 mins early than you planned.
Staff are very helpful and friendly.
Great Pub grub is served until 10 pm in the bar.
Remember to turn on room heater on those cold nights.
Would recommend.

Hi sbelmour
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us, I was pleased to read that we met your expectations.

I was particulary pleased to read that the team were helpful and friendly during your stay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
Travelodge Chertsey Hotel
#2 of 3 in Shepperton
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!