“Does what it says on the tin”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bridge Hotel

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Blackwater, United Kingdom
“Does what it says on the tin”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I Stayed at the bridge hotel last night,after a school reunion,which we held in the bar. The room itself was clean & smart ( very similar to Premier Inn rooms to be honest) comfortable beds and nice to have a view of the river. The heating was very difficult to control though,room was either boiling hot or freezing cold!
Very smart bar area,but could do with more comfortable sofa type seating rather than the more formal restaurant layout;fine if you're eating but not so good if, like us you're just having drinks.
Another note, cocktails are advertised behind the bar, I ordered a Mojito & was told they couldn't do it as they had no mint, then asked for something different, to be told by the bar man that he didn't know how to make it!
Settled for a Woo Woo, was ok but served in a highball, not cocktail glass and was probably the most crap/lacklustre cocktail I've ever had. Cocktails are supposed to be fun!
So, point to note to the bar manager, don't advertise a cocktail menu if you can't be bothered to do it properly!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Neil W, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Hi AndreaPutland
Thank you for your review, it was a delight to welcome your school reunion and I am pleased that you had a great time.

I have passed your comments onto the Bar Manager to ensure all the barmen are up to date with their cocktail knowledge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Chertsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Brilliant food and service! I think it is a good place for a business and meetings. The view to the river through the windows makes an amazingh chill atmosphere. Coming back 100% and recomend to my friends.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Robertakri
Thank you for your review - I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations!
I look forward to welcoming you, and your friends, back in the very near future
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Just come back from staying the weekend at the bridge hotel Chertsey for my birthday, food and drink in the bar/ restaurant and rooms were fantastic, the staff also were very friendly and helped me and my partner when we needed it, I do think that there should be more than two disabled rooms, it would be nice if there we're disabled rooms on the same side as the river as that's a nicer view than the car park

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Kitkat862014
Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Bridge Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Chichester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed one night , standard room. Clean and tidy but a bit soulless. Superking size bed, no mattress protector , sheet only just fitted, duvet too small and thin. Drawer on table would not stay shut. Soundproofing between floors, corridors and rooms not great but not as bad as other local hotels in Shepperton area. No double glazing but as road shut at Bridge no traffic noise.
Bathroom ok, cold until heater in bedroom really got going. Usual thin hotels towels , no toiletries other than soap bar and 2 shampoos. There was tea, coffee facilities but only 1 pack of biscuits.
I would say the room had been refurbished but on the cheap and the cost of stay was advertised as £124 which is not what I paid as I booked last minute in afternoon for that night.
Ate in restaurant in evening , no complaints had piri piri dusted chicken fillet. Breakfast was ok , had poached eggs which to be fair didn't seem like they had been just cooked, no real complaints just that I have had better breakfasts at a local Shepperton B&B which has obviously spoiled me!
Overall my experience was fine but my preference for the local area is The Premier Inn at Sunbury, the soundproofing is better and they have better showers.

Room Tip: Top floor then no one walks above you
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Neil W, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear London50
Thank you for your review of our hotel, it is through your feedback that we can look at our offering and make improvements for the future.
We have taken your comments on board with regards to in room facilities and will address them with improvements over the coming weeks.
All our food is cooked fresh to order, I am pleased that you enjoyed our restaurant in the evening and will speak to the breakfast chef with regards to your poached eggs

Regards
Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the bridge hotel for 1 night whilst working locally, chosen due to being able to secure a good room rate.
Room was clean and comfortable, big downside was the shower - poor pressure which was a disappointment.
I ate in the bar in the evening - 2 courses for £8.95 represented excellent value. The food was good and portions surprisingly large.
A bit of a let down was that to get to the stairs/lift you have to walk down a corridor of rooms. I assume these are smoking rooms as the stale stench of smoke was awful, especially when leaving in fresh clothes in the morning.
I'd probably stay again, but only if the rate is more competitive than other hotels in the area.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear bsnsjone
Thank you for your review, I am delighted that on the whole you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. With regards to the smell of smoke in the coridors - all our rooms are non smoking and sold as such. Unfortunately we do have guests that ignore the non smoking rule, these guests are asked to stop smoking and should they persist, are informed to leave the hotel. I am aware of one such incident during your stay and this guest was indeed removed from the hotel. We also impose a fine that covers the cost of deep cleaning the room so it is odour free for the next guests.

Regards
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We were staying at the camping and caravan club site over the new year period and decided to have a meal on one lunch time, as we had a 20 per cent discount because we were staying at the club site. What a big mistake. The food was served on cold plates, the chips were cremated and the steak was as tough as a boot sole. As for the condiments, we had to ask three times, by which time the food was as cold as the plates.We did complain and got a further discount but will not be going there again. The other problem for us was when a waiter was cleaning the tables he put his fingers inside the clean glasses so he could wipe the table and then to replace them back on the table for other customers to drink from.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keith T

Travellers are raving about these Chertsey hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I've stayed a few times now,never having the same room twice and always during the week.
The rooms I have stayed in do need a refurb and seem quite tired, small things like carpet stains, torn curtains etc. Room service was ok, food was fine. For example on two occasions I had no cutlery with my food, no condiments and so whilst I got why I need my food was cold. At other time there is no shower gel in the room, even the used bottles left behind.
The reception staff where always pleasant and would replace any damp towel or shower gel, just more effort required.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Neil W, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear johnc3720
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay.
We are currently working our way through all the rooms to improve the condidtion of the asthetics, I am sure on your next visit you will notice the improvements made.
I have passed on your comments to my Heads of Departments to review their training with the team

Kind Regards
Neil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
The Warren Lodge Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,477 reviews

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!