“Pity about the booking mix up”
Review of The Bridge Hotel

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Visited the Bridge with two colleagues. Arrived late in the evening after a long drive to be told that there had been a glitch with the computer system and my room was double-booked. We were asked to share a room or I could go to a different hotel in a different town. When it was pointed out that we had booked directly with the hotel, had confirmations and that we could see that they had rooms available (presumably because people were still to arrive), they admitted that a laterooms booking was the cause of the double booking and they were just trying to accommodate everyone. To be fair, they finally gave me a room, but the assumption that I would want to share or go to a different hotel to my colleagues seems a little ridiculous. When asked why they hadn't contacted us, they claimed not to have contact information, even though they had managed to e-mail us the reservation! A shame really, because this is a decent hotel (although my room was cold because the window wouldn't shut properly) and the staff are very hepful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Neil W, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Hi DharmaBum1965
Thank you for your feedback and I do apologies for the issue on arrival - it was myself that you met.
We have sorted out the IT issues to prevent any reoccurence

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here recently on business. Good room (2) overlooking the river. Found the room to be clean (although the toilet was a bit stained at the u bend).
We ate in the restaurant both evenings and enjoyed the meals although the beef rib my wife had on the first night was very fatty.
Breakfast was good and here was plenty of choice
The young evening staff were friendly and efficient and are a credit to the hotel.

Overall pleasant stay and would recommend the Hotel to others

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Neil W, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Hi Alan C
Thank you for your review, and your kind comments regarding the team

I have noted your comments on the Rib of Beef and fed that back to the Head Chef, with launching a new menu it is through your feedback that enables us to improve the selection of choice

We look forward to seeing back at the hotel in the near future

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I travel for business a lot and this hotel is one of my faves! The rooms are large enough to spread out in and have space for a laptop and so far every room I have stayed in has had a sofa in too. The restaurant downstairs has recently had a renovation of it's menu and now serves the best value top quality food I've ever had. I wouldn't recommend the hotel for a holiday but for a few nights on business it is ideal.

Hi Nicole L
We are extremely proud of the new menu - giving a balance of dishes to entice all our guests

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stay here quite frequently on Business, and its perfect. You get what you pay for, and for what it is, the Bridge is spot on. Cracking riverside location, if you get bored of the all in one restaurant/bar area (and you will) you can walk into Chertsey which is only a 10 minute walk and there s more places to eat there. Or go across the bridge to the Kingfisher pub which is brilliant in the Summer :-) anyway, the hotel is spotlessly clean, its not mega luxury but that not what this place is about- comfy rooms and nicely decorated (get a rear river facing room- but beware- traffic noise from cars passing over the bridge starts very early so if you're a light sleeper- get a front facing room). Food is good. Service is normally good, but they tend to employ a lot of young kids who can be a little shy and non -communicative. Drinks are a little on the pricey side but you can always go the off licence for a carry out :-) only had one questionable experience...I checked out last week after another full weeks stay and they undercharged my bill (which was in the high hundreds) by 20p (twenty pence)- they then ran the whole billing process again to present me with my 20p charge.......

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

HI Paul S
Thank you for your review, I was delighted to read your kind comments and will pass onto the team

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Had a great meal tonight (11th Mar 14) rib eye on a hot stone & full rack of ribs for the mains, both well presented & MASSES of ribs that were "better than Bluebeckers"
Pavlova & a bread pudding for dessert. The bread pudding wasn't great (a bit too bready & enough puddingy) but I won't let that spoil it.

I give it 5 stars for a great meal all told & I have to say, the best place to eat, whatever the cuisine, in the area. More than happy to go back. I recommend it completely

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Neil W, Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Hi hoppocritic
Thank you for your review of your dinner at The Bridge Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your meal, both Chef and I are really excited with our new menu
I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We were there during the floods, and while the lift wasn't working for those reasons, the staff were very polite, helpful and very apologetic. Rooms were clean and spacious and while we picked a bad time to be on the River, it was overall a good stay

• Stayed: February 2014

Hi Breana J
Thank you for your review - I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay despite the flooding!
Unfortunately we had to take the lift out of service during the peak of the flooding as the water table had reach the bottom of the lift and for Health & Safety reasons we could not allow guests to use it
Hopefully on your next visit you can enjoy the views of the river without the floods!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Over the last few weeks we have had severe rain. I emailed the hotel to ask if the hotel had any issue with regards to flooding as they are on the river "no not at all" was the reply "the rd states road closed but you can still get down it and pull onto the hotel carpark." What carpark? It was 2ft under water! To be honest that wasn't the main issue. The girl at the desk said we could park on the office car park across the road which was gated off and she let us in with a key card. The area was swarming with police and the army setting up flood barriers which didn't fill us with confidence. Our rooms were a good size and relatively clean apart from the couple of pubes in the bath.

Over the next day or so we were out and about but on the final night we had been out and decided to come back and have a drink at the hotel. My friend ask the man if he could open the gate on the car park and he said "park on the road" (the rd at this point had army vans and police down it and we would have caused an obstruction) so we advised the man that we were told we could park on the office car park he huffed and eventually opened it. He quickly ran back to the hotel and turned all the lights off and the tele (bare in mind it was only 10pm). So my other half still walked up to the bar and asked for a drink where the very kind girl did serve us. We sat down and he said "keep the noise down and hurry up and drink up as we have people asleep on the ground floor" this was a lie as due to the ground floor nearly flooding everyone was on the 3rd floor. He was very very rude but didn't spoil an amazing weekend because we weren't going to let him!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Alexkyle23

Hi Alexkyle23
The flooding in Chertsey was an unpresidented event that lasted from Christmas Eve through to the end of February - in which we worked very closely with the emergency services who kept us informed at all times of the impending conditions expected.
The flood defences laid down by the Environment Agency and the Army were there as a precautionary measure and beyond our remit to control

I have reviewed your comments regarding the drinks on the final night, and I do beg to differ on the events as you have described - I would therefore invite you to contact me at the hotel to discuss your review in detail

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
Travelodge Chertsey Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
Travelodge Egham
Travelodge Egham
#3 of 3 in Egham

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!