“Really pleasant stay.”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Great Bookham, United Kingdom
“Really pleasant stay.”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed here for a night about a month ago. We found the room to be very comfortable, and we had a balcony which was very nice. The bathroom was small, but the bath was huge! All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank y_alison
Neil W, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Hi y_alison
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate your kind words and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us

I look forward to welcoming you on your return

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Surrey
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked a room for my son-in-law on Sunday night 30th March (Room 112), as he was starting a new job at St Peters on Monday, and would have had a long journey from Kent on the Monday morning.

He hardly got any sleep as there was a couple arguing in the room above him. He did report it, but it continued through-out the night, with the staff not monitoring the situation.

I am disappointed that this situation should arise, without anything being done about it.

I did contact the hotel after this happened, but have had no response,

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Neil W, Front Office Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
HI AniiB
Having investigated your comments with my Front of House team and Night Manager, I could find no record of any complaint raised to the team regarding arguments in the rooms, nor did your son in law make any comment to the Receptionist on departure with regards to this
I would certainly urge you to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss your comments in full

Kind Regards
Neil Wheeler
Chippenham
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on Friday 28th of this month, the room was much larger than we anticipated and was very clean. The boathouse restaurant was superb, the staff were excellent the for the money the food was far better than we expected. The best thing about this hotel is the very attractive and friendly Australian receptionist! At least I think it was an Australian accent...

Stayed March 2014
Neil W, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hi JG
Thank you for your kind words regarding our Receptionist - although to avoid a diplomatic international incident, I must point out she is actually from New Zealand & New Zealanders will quickly become nettled if they are confused with Australians!!!
I was delighted to read your comments on the Restaurant and the staff - we are always striving to create a relaxing and comfortable dining experience

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights on business and made a lovely change. Spacious room with patio overlooking the river, friendly staff, nice atmosphere. Only slight glitch was the very noisy extractor fan in the bathroom.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Neil W, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Hi fdgirlie
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the food

I look forward to welcoming you on your return
(will look at that extractor fan!)
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Visited the Bridge with two colleagues. Arrived late in the evening after a long drive to be told that there had been a glitch with the computer system and my room was double-booked. We were asked to share a room or I could go to a different hotel in a different town. When it was pointed out that we had booked directly with the hotel, had confirmations and that we could see that they had rooms available (presumably because people were still to arrive), they admitted that a laterooms booking was the cause of the double booking and they were just trying to accommodate everyone. To be fair, they finally gave me a room, but the assumption that I would want to share or go to a different hotel to my colleagues seems a little ridiculous. When asked why they hadn't contacted us, they claimed not to have contact information, even though they had managed to e-mail us the reservation! A shame really, because this is a decent hotel (although my room was cold because the window wouldn't shut properly) and the staff are very hepful.

Hi DharmaBum1965
Thank you for your feedback and I do apologies for the issue on arrival - it was myself that you met.
We have sorted out the IT issues to prevent any reoccurence

Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here recently on business. Good room (2) overlooking the river. Found the room to be clean (although the toilet was a bit stained at the u bend).
We ate in the restaurant both evenings and enjoyed the meals although the beef rib my wife had on the first night was very fatty.
Breakfast was good and here was plenty of choice
The young evening staff were friendly and efficient and are a credit to the hotel.

Overall pleasant stay and would recommend the Hotel to others

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Neil W, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Hi Alan C
Thank you for your review, and your kind comments regarding the team

I have noted your comments on the Rib of Beef and fed that back to the Head Chef, with launching a new menu it is through your feedback that enables us to improve the selection of choice

We look forward to seeing back at the hotel in the near future
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I travel for business a lot and this hotel is one of my faves! The rooms are large enough to spread out in and have space for a laptop and so far every room I have stayed in has had a sofa in too. The restaurant downstairs has recently had a renovation of it's menu and now serves the best value top quality food I've ever had. I wouldn't recommend the hotel for a holiday but for a few nights on business it is ideal.

Hi Nicole L
We are extremely proud of the new menu - giving a balance of dishes to entice all our guests

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
Travelodge Chertsey Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
Best Western The Ship Hotel

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!