“Third stay at the Boathouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bridge Hotel

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Wirral England
“Third stay at the Boathouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2006

I have had three separate overnight stays at the Boathouse, which I use to visit an elderly relative who lives locally.
We have always paid extra for the riverview, on one occasion my daughter had another room overlooking the carpark, having seen it we were lucky to be able to change her to a riverview.
The rooms are quite basic but what you'd expect for the money. They are clean, adequately equiped and quite roomy.
While the cooked breakfast is only just average, I can strongly recommend lunch/dinner. We had a brilliant Sunday lunch in the veranda overlooking the river. The food is good 'pub grub' and excellent value for money. There is no room service; but on one evening we took a snack on a tray to our room because we didn't want to leave my young grandson. The staff were most helpful.
Both restaurant and Lodge are very child friendly which was our main criteria for choosing it, and we were made to feel very comfortable. I would perhaps add that if a quiet table for two was required on a Saturday night the Boathouse is not the place - it is buzzing with people of all ages.
I am due to make another stay shortly - I look forward to the evening meal and continental breakfast.

• Liked — The riverview from rooms and restaurant
  • Disliked — It's getting a bit 'frayed round the edges'.
  • Tips/Secrets — Try getting a table in the veranda/conservatory area.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Robbie136

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2006

Good room-serviced daily. Good on line price. Restaurant seemed restricted if you have dietary requests, but otherwise decent food. Would return.

Stayed September 2006
2 Thank dixc
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2005

Stayed at the Bridge Lodge for 1 night.
There are two kinds of rooms at this hotel, riverview and the rest. The riverview rooms are more expensive, and (I suspect) more heavily booked.
Basically the non riverview room which I had was quite stuffy and when I opened the window I was greeted with loudly humming air-conditioning (or kitchen) plant. So it was a bit of catch-22. I suspect that not all rooms are in this predicament, especially not the riverview ones. Anyway the room itself was very spacious, nice bed, tiny tv though. Good bathroom with a fullsome shower. Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to try the Boathouse restaurant so can't comment on that.

• Stayed November 2005
4 Thank JeepneyJu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
The Warren Lodge Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,477 reviews

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!