“Clean, comfortable and very accommodating staff”
Review of Hamilton's

Hamilton's
Ranked #1 of 4 Chertsey B&B and Inns
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Clean, comfortable and very accommodating staff”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This felt like home to me, we had our own lounge and kitchen, the bed was very comfortable with fluffy towels provided. Coffee machine provided which was a bonus.

There is a small patio garden which we used to read our newspapers before checking out.

The staff were very accommodating and parking was provided at the back of the hotel. Good breakfast the next day and a late check out made our trip all the more relaxing. If I am ever back in that area I will definitely be booking this place again.

Room Tip: I would request a back room due to street noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
london
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Myself and a friend stayed here for one night on a Saturday as we were going to Thorpe Park during the day and a ministry of sound event in the evening. Upon check in we were informed that we were upgraded to the best room which was a suite at the top of the building. The suite was really lovely and had everything you could need, including a small kitchenette. Everything was also spotlessly clean.
However, it is a shame the staff did not reciprocate this quality of the room. Despite being very friendly to other guests we were disappointed in how patronising the manager was towards us because he was concerned we would have a party. We are two young adults who are extremely responsible and considerate. We were even ignored at breakfast by him and upon leaving he ran up the stairs to check we hadnt ruined the room or thrown the tv out the window.

PROS:
Very close to Thorpe Park (A taxi costs £6)
Wifi and Virgin media in room
Very clean and decorative rooms

CONS:
Ran out of loo roll, no spare
Didn't have enough towels in the room for two people

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank evenstevens
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed at Hamilton's for one night whilst working in the local area.
Check In was great, a very friendly gentleman checked me in (I'd guess the owner) and showed me to my room. He gave me advice on where to eat and drink on a Monday night as the restaurant does not open on a Monday. I was also given a large bottle of water for my room which was a very nice touch.
My double room was very modern, with iron & ironing board as well as a Tassimo coffee machine which was a welcome addition and excellent idea. The wifi signal throughout was excellent and allowed me to get on with some work in the evening. The bathroom was very clean, small but large enough for one person. The shower was very good and towels provided were excellent - much better than a standard hotel.
The only downside of my stay was the bed - it was very comfortable but was a small double. I'm 6'2" and the bed was shorter than a normal double meaning my f

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Not only was the room very comfortable with an excellent bed but the service was exceptional. The Wi-Fi worked in the room and we could park a car.Coupled with a reasonably priced restaurant below serving great food. Just what was wanted after a hard day in London.
Definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms at front over road but it did not seem busy. Our room at the back very quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Albufeira, Portugal
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed here during the heatwave, having given no thought to the need for air conditioning when we booked. We stayed in the top floor King Suite (up 2 steep flights of stairs) and even though we were given a fan, the heat was unbearable and we spent a very uncomfortable night draping wet towels over us in a vain attempt to keep cool.
It would be unfair to base our review on this experience as far as the heat was concerned but there were other factors that we were very unhappy about. We were woken up at 5am by garbage removal trucks making an almighty racket. The suite comes with a kitchenette and the fridge was filthy and looked like it had not been cleaned in a long time and the bits of dried food and stains were very obvious. There was also dried food in the sink. The carpets had several black marks and when I rubbed my shoe over them, they disappeared into the carpet. It was not the pile, it was dirt and obviously had not seen a hoover for some time. The information sheet on the coffee table was also stained, crumbled and grubby. There were several dead insects around, in the bath, the bed and the floor and counter tops but this could have possibly been from the heat. Two towels were badly frayed on the sides with long strands in tatters.
Two years ago I stayed at Hamiltons and gave it 5-stars for everything, including cleaning. It is unfortunate that standards are slipping and we were very disappointed and uncomfortable in a room that obviously was not clean. Breakfast was very good and the staff friendly but we left after the first night as we couldn’t face another night’s stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bld211
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013

A very nice hotel, the accommodation was very clean and tidy, Staff friendly, polite and very attentive, nothing was too much trouble for them. A very good extensive wine list and menu. The food was excellent. The Chef who was the owner even had time to come out and ask us if everything was ok he also made time to chat with us very impressed. Breakfast is cooked to order which was good. A place definitely to go back to lovely people.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stayed here recently for a one night stopover while in England. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The room had nice clean towels and bed linen and it was very comfortable. The shower room was nice and clean. I didn't have an excellent sleep but that was due to the very hot weather. But during the day the weather was absolutely gorgeous so I shouldn't really complain! For breakfast there was the options of any choice of eggs, which was good. It was quite expensive but I feel that is probably normal for this area. In the restaurant I had dinner, which was polenta and vegetables, I felt this was very expensive. Overall it was a nice B&B but its best feature are its hospitality staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
The Bridge Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
The Runnymede on Thames

Been to Hamilton's? Share your experiences!