“Nice room - attentive service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hamilton's

Hamilton's
Ranked #1 of 5 Chertsey B&B and Inns
Lincs
“Nice room - attentive service”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Although they call themselves a hotel (which it is as it has a restaurant), it's more of a B&B really. Don't take that comment as a negative though - because it is actually the property's biggest advantage!
What you get is a hotel quality room, that is very clean, and with all the amenities you could want (comfy bed with good quality linen, TV, decent size bathroom with good quality toiletries, free wifi, a desk, hanging space, an espresso coffee maker etc), but with the personal attentiveness that you get with a B&B. The owner was very friendly, and made suggestions for where I could go in the evening (and which pubs I should maybe avoid). In the morning I got tied up with work so skipped breakfast. When I checked out I was offered a bacon roll to take with me - how nice is that?
I would certainly recommend this hotel and will return when next in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was a nice hotel - good comfortable, clean room (although a tad small), lovely breakfast and good service.

Only downside was the room was cold all the time we were there and also there was limited parking so had to park on the road - but no biggy.

Shame the restaurant was not open that evening as I had heard very good things about the food. However plenty of other places to eat close by.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My experience at Hamilton's was a good one. I was staying one night on a business trip. The room was good, a nice feel to it and a big enough size for one and clean and fresh too.
The young lady who was in attendance was very good, she showed me to my room and carried my bag (even tho she didn't have too!) She also rustled me up a lovely bacon buttie with a watercress flourish for breakfast.....perfect! I got a decent nights sleep and was refreshed enough in the morning.
I wanted to give a 5 but a couple of very minor things stopped me....
The Tassimo coffee maker was lovely, but the milk sachets were a couple of months out of date thus disappointing me for a late night or early morning coffee.
I found the lack of a lamp or softer lighting or maybe a dimmer switch annoying as the light in the bedroom was either full on (4 bright spots to the ceiling) or off!
These, as I have said are minor niggles and I would not hesitate to re visit Hamilton's and would love to try the restaurant too. (It was closed on the night I stayed)
Yea, give Hamilton's a try I think you will find a good reception and a clean and pleasant environment for your stay.
'Very Good overall'

Room Tip: I sayed in a single room, number 4.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnnyBoy515
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Food was nice enough (though they overcooked my steak which is never a good sign) but nothing that would draw me back again and generally overpriced for what it is. Also its not acceptable to arrive at 7:30 and still be waiting for your main course at 9pm when the place was not that busy!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

If there ever was a website that didn't quite paint an accurate picture of the venue, then this is a good example. It describes accomdation as 'luxurious', which simply isn't true - it's clean and comfortable, but not something you'd get too excited about. The 'luxury' shower and bath toiletries again were just bog standard, so again not quite hitting the mark of the description. The ensuite was very small, and the shower unti had seen better days too, with sellotape holding one of the seals together! However, it did work which was the main thing.

On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable, and towels were very nice, and the owner called Carter was a very pleasant and welcoming chap. I didn't get a chance to eat in the restaurant, which was a shame as the food is well recommended. The breakfast was good, and morning staff friendly and accomodating.

All in all, I feel the website doesn't quite provide a true picture of what you get for your money, but wouldn't be averse to staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The bottle of Hamilton's chilled sparkling water on arrival set the tone. The suite is a little climb past the terrace, but not a problem if you're travelling light. Comfy beds, clean, contemporary bathroom and furnishings, nice toiletries and lovely towels. My only regret is we didn't have time for breakfast because the restaurant looks very good. I will be back, in fact, I'd like to move in!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This felt like home to me, we had our own lounge and kitchen, the bed was very comfortable with fluffy towels provided. Coffee machine provided which was a bonus.

There is a small patio garden which we used to read our newspapers before checking out.

The staff were very accommodating and parking was provided at the back of the hotel. Good breakfast the next day and a late check out made our trip all the more relaxing. If I am ever back in that area I will definitely be booking this place again.

Room Tip: I would request a back room due to street noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
Crown Hotel
#2 of 3 in Shepperton
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to Hamilton's? Share your experiences!