“They haven't acted on previous feedback....”
Review of THORPE PARK Resort

THORPE PARK Resort Admission Ticket with Meal Deal
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Chertsey
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With over 30 thrilling rides, attractions and live events, THORPE PARK Resort is an island like no other and the UK's must-visit destination to share endless fun with family and friends. THORPE PARK Resort has hotel accommodation available for booking at the THORPE SHARK Hotel which is only minutes walk from the action. Rooms sleep up to 4 persons. During Summer season THORPE PARK Resort has its very own beach and paddling pool with beach huts available to rent. NEW for 2017 is the multi-award winning Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise Of The Demon, designed by the master of illusion, Derren Brown himself.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“They haven't acted on previous feedback....”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

First visit in 25 years. Was looking forward to Phantom Fantasia (Yes I know now, bit behind the times....), have to say the place is looking a little tired.

In a previous review here Thorpe Park promised to make maps of the park more visible at the entrance. They haven't, we didn't see any and needed one.

Cheerful, friendly staff were there but in the minority. They seem to yawn a lot. Perhaps we'd caught them post staff party, a lot seemed to have that 'day after' look about them.

I'm not a roller coaster sought of chap, so in honesty the park is no longer aimed at me. The old snail paced boats were more my style (now long gone).

It wasn't a bad day, but not as good as it could have been.

Licks of paint are needed in many areas.

I preferred it in 1986, but each to their own.

Visited October 2013
ThorpeParkUKOfficial, Guest Relations Manager at THORPE PARK Resort, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We apologise if you were unable to get hold of a map upon entry, we've increased the number of maps at the entrance over the last few months but appreciate that we may need to do more to increase their availability.

We've come a long way over the last 20 years or so in terms of the scale of rides that we offer but still endeavour to offer a range of rides to cater to different tastes and preferences.

We hope you'll visit us again soon.

Kind regards,

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“"EPIC!!!"”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Booked tickets for my teenage son and his friends for the summer hols but could not go until late september!!!! Very easy to re-validate the tickets to change the day and only at a small cost which is understandable..... Well an epic day out as my son kept telling me when he got back and kept telling me about the death defying rides over and over again. Even though so late in the year the weather held out and the queuing time was not so bad> They managed to go on all the big rides at least once and even twice they even managed to get drenched on the water ride inbetween!!

Visited September 2013
Dear guest,

Thank for you for the positive review of us, we're glad that you had a good experience and that you were lucky with the weather!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

All the best,

Maidstone, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Halloween Night”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I decided to take my two children and their friend to Thorpe Park for Fright night.
We were not disappointed, the staff had made a real effort. They had dressed up in spooky costumes, it made the evening.

The rides are great, especially Stealth - fast, mean fun.

There's always somewhere to eat or grab a quick coffee.

Once you pay the entrance fee that's it apart from food or photo key ring's .

Great organisation, huge car park, bins emptied regular.

Visited November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive review, we've hade some fantastic feedback so far on our Fright Nights are are really glad to hear that you also enjoyed them!

We hope that you'll come visit us again for some more scares and thrills.

Many thanks,

Winchester, United Kingdom
“Good Rides”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I came here on Sunday with waits less than a hour WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO. The rides are amazing Saw is my favourite. I came here a month after coming with school as I did not get all rides done. It was mainly familys which meant the kiddie rides had long waits and the thrill rides had short waits. Great day out. People got away with smoking which makes me angry!!!! Staff are meh but man who was doing seats for the left side of swarm was really comforting especially as I was terrified!

Visited October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback, we're glad that you had a positive experience with us. At Thorpe Park we do allow our guests to smoke in park but strictly prohibit smoking in the queue lines and inside buildings, we apologise for any negative impact this may have had on your day.

We look forward to seeing you in the park again soon.

All the best,

Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
“Love this theme park!!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

been here once and definately will be returning, I travelled from by chester to London just to visit this theme park and it was well worth it! so much choice in food, drink , lots of fun rides for everyone to enjoy. I love the scary looking ones so I waited in line for 2 HOURS to ride saw the ride, loved the ride however the wait was a bit extreme but you expect it :) went in saw live too and will never forget that! really scary but glad I did it!

Visited November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive review, we're really glad to hear that you had a good day with us and that it was well worth the journey. We apologise that you had to wait for a long period for Saw - The Ride, it is very rarely at that length of queue and we definitely advise giving us a visit off season to minimise queueing times.

We hope you'll have as great a visit next time you come!

Regards.