“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Kingfisher

The Kingfisher
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Chertsey
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had driven past the Kingfisher a couple of times and decided to take my parents in law there for dinner. There were no tables available in the restaurant but Geraldine kindly allowed us to dine in the bar area. The bar and restaurant are both very cosy, stylist, light and comfortable. Sharon who looked after us for the evening was fantastic, funny, knowledgable regarding the menu and made our evening even better. The food was absolutely superb and the Malbec 'heaven'. We will definately be coming back for more in all seasons. A great place for an informal relaxed meal for couples, familys, friends etc. Thorougly recommend.

• Visited July 2014

Staines
“Ist visit after re-vamp”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

As a regular visitor to the Kingfisher I was very impressed with the new innovations.There was a marked improvement,a good friendly welcome and excellent table service.Food very similar in standard as before portions a little smaller, although prices have increased.Very impressed with the selection of real ale and beautifully kept ie temperature etc.
I selected your excellent cod but the tartar sauce needed to be on the side and not on the dish
Overall a very pleasant visit..

• Visited July 2014
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
“Convenient to Chertsey CC Club; lovely location; booking advisable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I made a last-minute booking to treat our son and daughter-in-law one to a meal one Sunday evening. Despite it being Father’s Day, we were able to book a table for that evening and although we were on the last available time slot, the staff made us feel very welcome. Understandably, some of the menu choices had been sold out but there was still a good selection. My husband and I chose the Beef and Merlot Pie which was the best we had ever tasted – Thank you James Martin!! Our daughter-in-law had Chicken, Pulled Ham and Leek Pie which she said was excellent, while our son opted for the burger. We were served by a very friendly and attentive waiter. With 3 pints of local ale and a large glass of wine, our total bill was £69.60.

We enjoyed our meal so much on the first visit, that my husband and I paid a second visit to the Kingfisher for a mid-week evening meal. This time, the pub was far less busy but our waitress was not as friendly or attentive. My husband had a burger and chips while I chose the fish pie. His meal was disappointing in that the burger was just lukewarm and his chips were hot; my meal was very hot, too hot to eat at first! My husband mentioned the problem with his meal to the waitress who offered to get him another burger. She said she didn’t understand why he said his burger was just lukewarm as she had to wait for the burger before serving both meals???!!! He declined as he had nearly finished his chips. However, when the bill was presented, she had kindly deducted some of the cost which went someway to make amends.

If you intend having a meal here at the weekend it would be advisable to book. The pub is popular as it is next to the Thames and has a sunny seating area outside. It is also an easy walk from The Chertsey Camping and Caravan Site. There is ample parking at the side of the pub.

• Visited June 2014
Chertsey, United Kingdom
“Great spot to enjoy the river on a nice day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We visited the Kingfisher on a fine and warm Saturday afternoon, hoping to be able to sit outside. I have lived in the area for 27 years, and this was my first visit there. we were intending to dine elsewhere but due to a wedding our first choice of venue was running only with huge delays so we crossed the river to the East bank. We were not disappointed.

They have a section of outside tables here that enjoy waiter service, so we chose one of those. They are under a gazebo-type shelter so you can enjoy the fresh air and views without being baked on one side by the sunshine.
We were both very impressed with the food, service and general ambience. My burger was excellent and very tasty, and my companion's meal was nice too.
One small niggle - there's usually one (!) - was that it was a long way to reach the toilets which are upstairs in an otherwise all-ground-floor layout. But this is a minor point, and I look forward to returning to the Kingfisher in the future.

• Visited June 2014
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“Last minute weekend bite to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We popped down here to have a bite for lunch on a hot Saturday.

We just about managed to get a table out the front which is a lovely setting.

The food is great, fish and chips very fresh and a great big portion and the hamburger also looked very good.

Great service great food and great value for money.