“Great hotel!”
Review of Crown Hotel

Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed at The Crown Hotel for a weekend with my daughter while we were at Thorpe park. Great Hotel great staff Fantastic location for the park and the Food is gorgeous. Highly recommended! If it's a weekend you have to book for evening meal as it books up fast! Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2014
Sian B, General Manager at Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear guest
Thank you so much, we will pass on your very kind comments to all concerned and hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights with work > both nights i was woken at 4,30 with staff from the hotel pushing a trolley over the cobbled stones .Then with a delivery of beer barrels at 6.30 . Came home for a good night sleep >Also the breakfast was slow and not much choise in terms of friut etc .One of our party asked twice for his breakfast and gave up ! The shower was so difficult to turn off i had to use the towel - room 401 avoid it 1

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Sian B, General Manager at Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Guest
I am really pleased you liked the bar and outside area we have to offer , we are the most popular hotel in Chertsey for these if not many more reasons .
We were sorry to hear you did not get a good nights sleep as, as I am sure from many a comment made on trip advisor that you can see, this noise you have experienced is not a normal day at The Crown.
I can also assure you that it was not the hotel staff that kept you awake on your stay, as the only member of staff through the night is our night porter and he does not complete bar duties through his shift. At 7am he is then joined by the breakfast team who also do not complete bar duties, so with this in mind we are not sure what exactly you have heard, we can only presume outside influences has effected this situation, therefore I apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused for you.

Regarding your breakfast: I am sorry you and your colleague experienced this and I will investigate why this was the case . We do however believe we offer a good choice of fresh fruit etc on our buffet table, so do not understand why you felt this was not the case.

Please do contact us to discuss this situation, as always we are pleased to hear constructive comments to help us improve on our services; we do not like anyone to leave unhappy and welcome your call to discuss this matter personally with you.

We do hope to see you at The Crown in the future and will await your call to discuss.
Regards
Tony & Sian O'Brien
General Managers

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Although I live in Cheshire, I occasionally visit family in Chertsey & no visit would be complete without popping into the Crown - I love the new layout & refurbishment and the Sunday lunch is the best!
Didn't stay in the hotel this time, as staying with family.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest
Wow, we are thrilled with your comments and thank you very much.

Looking forward to seeing you in the very near future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel for just one night while on a business trip. Very nice modern feeling room but in an old style - which is what I like. Friendly staff. Attached pub was great although I did not eat there. Included breakfast was what you would expect at this price range - nothing special but not bad either. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I believe there is an old and a new wing. I was in the old part and liked it. No idea what the new p...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Just come back from a great weekend staying at the Crown with some friends & going onto Thorpe park, and we were all very impressed.
The professionalism from all of the staff was spot on and they all seem to enjoy working there, the bar was a very comfortable area to relax in and we loved the idea of the blankets and hot water bottles in the outside seating area!.
The rooms were very comfortable and of a good standard with all the items we required for a short stay, we stayed in room 107 which is directly adjacent to the outside seating area and as such might be a little noisy for some if there's a crowd outside but on the other side of the hotel our friends said it was very quiet.
We were all very impressed with the standard of the food, my friend stated he had the best burger they've ever tasted there.
We will certainly be staying there again and l hope the quality continues, Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much.
Our Chef is thrilled to be compared to Ramsey and would love to shake your hand on your next visit, he even might by you a drink!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I've stayed here before and following a little refurb it's lovely. Great food and a great location. Room was clean and had all the important things :) Parking was a nigtmare again but I don't think that can be helped.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We booked to stay the night, because my niece was having her birthday pary there. We arrived in the middle of the afternoon and we had asked for rooms away from the main area due to my daughter in law being pregnant. the rooms were well placed and very nice. The decor was up to date and the bathrooms were clean and offered all the usual lotions and potions!!!.after checking in to our rooms, we went to the bar which was very busy due to the Rugby. At half time the kitchen came out with the most amazing sausage rolls which was more than enough for the four of us and were very reasonable.
The party venue was upstairs and was just the right size. Everyone had a great time especially Vanessa.
The breakfast was lovely and all freshly cooked and plenty to go round. Staff were very freindly and helpful. If I wanted to stay in the area again I would go back to The Crown.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Trudi T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
The Bridge Hotel
The Runnymede on Thames
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!