“Ok”

The Olde Swan Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

The room itself was clean and bed was comfy. Breakfast was lovely. Staff seemed nice especially the bar maid. The bathroom was a little dated.

No tea and coffee facilities, tv didn't work, main lights in room didn't work, no glasses (nothing to drink out of), the shower was dreadful you couldn't have washed your hair in it, and the bathroom made an awful noise whenever you turned a tap on.

To be fair I didn't complain as I didn't spend a lot of waking time in the room.

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at the olde swan in march. I arrived but had to come into the pub and ask where the car park was as its position is difficult to get to and there are no signs. It was a very busy car park even though there were no customers in the pub. I was greeted by a lovely bar maid who showed me up to my room which was reasonable, the barmaid asked me what time I wanted breakfast I said 8am, she also said if I have any issues to come down to the bar as she is there till close. I had a look around the room and discovered I had a kettle but no tea/coffee which I found a bit strange. Some of the lights didnt work and the sink was full of water. I had no shampoo or bathroom essentials either. The worst part was there was no hot water. I went downstairs to speak to the manager but he was sitting down with a few friends drinking, being loud and swearing so I decided to speak to the barmaid again who went over and spoke the manager he asked her to deal with it as he was busy with his friends. I was disgussted by the fact that drinking was more important than tending to his customers needs. She followed me upstairs and changed the bulbs and gave me some shampoo and bathroom essentials. She explained that there wasnt anything she could do about the hot water which I understood. On a plus side the bed was very comfortable and I had a good nights sleep. At 7.45am I went downstairs for breakfast and waited for an hour in empty bar before I had to leave by walking all the way through the hotel and out a fire exit. Overall the stay was absouloty terrible and I will not be recommending it to friends or family.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Peterwelling
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed the night while on a course close by. While the landlord seemed a nice guy, it wasnt a postive experience from there. They had no phone line , so I was asked that I pay in cash.
No phone means no internet, so I couldnt catch up on work that evening. The room was nice enough - dated but clean ebough. The TV had no remote and they werent serving any food.

The biggest issue was in the morning. NO HOT WATER. Breakfast was OK, I left my number for the manager to call me about a discount and he never did hence the review.

One of they places were you see potential but run my someone with no idea of what the customer wants.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2012

A brief welcome and quickly directed to my room above the bar. Functional yes, relaxing, no.

A small room (single) with all the usual requirements, desk, wardrobe and ensuite.  Unfortunately onto the desk  a 26" TV had been left which meant there was no room for me to catch up with some work.  The bed was clean and firm so a good nights sleep ensued.

Breakfast was just toast followed by a speedy exit.  I can't comprehend how the price is so high, there are other establishments within 8 miles that offer a more relaxing stay with good food.

In summary, expensive for what you get, has the potential to be full of character and soul but takes the easy option just to exist, surviving on the business trade from the towns big employers.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 4 April 2012

After reading previous reviews we cancelled our room and stayed elsewhere, The rest of the group however decided to chance it, when arrived the windows where all left open in the rooms

On returning after our night out at a friends birthday party at 1am, the reason for the open windows became very apparent, the rooms smelt of faeces, so much so that two couples in the party had no choice but to leave the hotel and wander the streets of Chertsey looking for a Taxi to take then 100 miles home rather that stay in the rooms.

The Third room was dirty and had a toilet muncher going all night long, so where unable to sleep.

The rest of the group had been placed in accommodation off site, however despite the breakfasts being booked for 9am in the Hotel no one showed until close to 10am

Based on our groups experiance we could not say a nice word about this hotel

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Arrived on Friday night and, as it really is a pub, it was full of drunk men with the tv blaring sports channels. We were shown to our room, which was dirty and smelly. The bed was comfortable but the shower had no power whatsoever. I would not recommend it unless it's an emergency

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Where to start ?!
I managed to outside the Manager to 'only' charge me £65 instead if the £80 that they wanted.
Broken TV in room, filthy bathroom, no room facilities at all !
No food being served at all !
I was asked what time I wanted breakfast, I said 8am. Arrived downstairs at 7.45 and sat for 30 mins in empty bar !! No one arrived, rang bell etc but no joy
Terrible all round
Avoid

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Nigel_G5469
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
Travelodge Chertsey Hotel
Travelodge Egham
Travelodge Egham
#3 of 3 in Egham
The Runnymede on Thames

Been to The Olde Swan Hotel? Share your experiences!