“Lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

During our day visit to the area we decided to eat in this cafe as it looked good and had certificate of excellence from trip adviser.

Reasonable selection on the menu but I noticed the macaroni on cheese on the board which I ordered. When our food came out it looked good and smelled good but
Unfortunately my macaroni was very cold in the middle.

I returned the mac back to the kitchen to be given another in its place but that was warm at best. The staff were very helpful and understanding but didn't know why this happened. They offered me a choice from the menu. I ordered the burger with beans and no salad. When it came out it looked fab except it came with no beans but salad on the side (not what I ordered) the burger was warm and over done but as it was the third attempt to give me something to eat. I ate it along with the chips which were nice.

Upon paying the bill the lady in the shop Informed me that she hadn't charged me for my meal which was very kind of her and only right. We couldn't fault them in the rest of the food as the family enjoyed what they had. Perhaps it was a bad day for them. I would go back for that macaroni as it looked and smelled excellent. Shame really.

“Yummy breakfast to start your day”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Return trip after our visit last year, best breakfast had for a long time. Hot and well cooked, friendly staff and good prices

2 Thank Coljford
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Cracking cakes”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We called in to The Pantry after completing the wildcat walk (9 miles around the outskirts of town) looking for a little refreshment. For extremely good value, we ended up with drinks and cake slices almost as big as the Cairngorms themselves. The kids loved the cinnamon roll cake, the carrot cake mountains were excellent and the coffee walnut cake was very good too. The staff were very accommodating for our party of 7, of which three were children and two grandparents (one with muddy knees after an altercation with a muddy track! ).
We would love to visit again in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Just made our Good Friday jaunt to Aviemore. Stopped off here at this gem. Best soup and sandwich combo in along time, all served with a smile. Very family friendly and great craic with all the many locals who came. This will become journey break for us in the future

Visited April 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fab food and great service”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We went to Betty's Pantry on Easter Saturday for lunch with some friends. They made my daughter a yummy chocolate birthday cake (and I don't particularly like choc cake but it was delicious) for £15 which fed 9 of us easily with slices left over, great value. The macaroni cheese was really tasty and a huge portion, ideal after a long cycle to Newtonmore. Highly recommend this place, great food and a very warm welcome.

• Visited April 2014