“Awful - avoid if you can”
Review of Newtonmore Grill

Newtonmore Grill
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Newtonmore
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: 01540673702 and ask for Barbara or Derek. Newtonmore Grill is on Facebook too - great great restaurant and good value serving everything from lorry drivers to themed nights of curries caribean etc etc
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Really disappointed with this place. The reviews and scores led me to believe a good meal could be had here. Unfortunately I will never go back to the Newtonmore Grill. The woman who took our order seemed barely able to understand what I was asking for, and was lacking any smile or personality. I asked for burger and chips, scrambled eggs on toast with bacon, and an order of toast for my little boy. 30 mins later it arrived. Burger was average and the roll for some reason was very greasy. Scrambled eggs were a bit watery and came with the bacon but no toast. My son had to wait an extra 5 mins for his toast to arrive (asked for one piece but 2 came) and then bizarrely my toast arrived, after I had nearly finished eating the scrambled egg. Dowdy decor, strangely laid out (queue to pay at till blocks entrance door). Not overly clean. Only 3 people working there, one cooking, one waitressing, one on the till. Except the till girl couldnt operate the till so the cook had to help, slowing down the cooking. Had to wait to pay while they worked out the till. Awful. Really dont understand previous good reviews unless people have low standards. Bill came to round £16 which included 3 cokes.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great service, excellent portions - just honest tasty food! Varied menu. Huge car park. Friendly helpful staff. Loved it!

1  Thank undertheclock
Reviewed 10 July 2014

How did this miserable place score any higher than one star. We visited on 10th July 2014. Had to wait 20mins for someone to take our order. Sausage and chips for me, pizza and chips for the kids......not rocket science is it? Apparently in Newtonmore it is!
After a further wait of 10 mins, I got my sausage and chips.....unfortunately!! Overdone sausages, and the chips had the most awful taste.......apparently changing cooking oil isnt a high priority here! Fortunately the pizza didnt arrive.......we decided to depart and leave these clowns wondering why. I did pay for the drinks though........fortunately they know the recipe for boiling a kettle!
The staff need lessons in customer service.....not to mention how to operate a till.

Please avoid at all costs.
We drove a few miles further and got an excellent meal in another establishment.

2  Thank Shane005
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Staying in Glentruim we used the grill several times. Good honest food at a reasonable price. Don't expect 5 stars but if the lorry park is full then that speaks volumes. Clean with friendly staff, bar available and free Wi-Fi.

1  Thank bam35
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were tired and hungry after more than 20 hours of journey. The Pub was fully booked and the Newtonmore Grill the only alternative (by foot).

1  Thank DanHard