“Brilliant accomodation option with gorgeous views and super friendly owners :)”
Review of Crubenbeg House

Crubenbeg House
Ranked #4 of 13 Newtonmore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 April 2014

From arrival to departure John and Irene made us feel truly welcome and looked after! They took us in with open arms and we got a great introduction to the area and the surroundings as of what to do and see. The B&B was very clean and great furnished. The hosts offered great breakfast options that suited our taste (me being from Sweden and my partner from Scotland) Simply a "home away from home" We are defiantly coming back! Thanks a lot for the great hospitality! Jeanette and Mick xx

• Stayed: April 2014
CrubenbegHouse, Owner at Crubenbeg House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Jeanette & Mick, many thanks indeed, for taking the time to pen your review about your stay with us. We enjoyed having you here and we are well pleased that the skiing went well too. We look forward to seeing you again soon and, of course, wish you both good luck for your Big Day in August. Thanks again, John.

There are newer reviews for Crubenbeg House

Reviewed 24 February 2014

What a fantastic b&b! John and Irene are really nice people and make you feel so welcome. From the minute we arrived we were greeted with a smile and a laugh. Everything was excellent. The room was lovely and spacious. The bed was so comfortable if it wasn't for my alarm I would probably still be there!! Breakfast was amazing with lots of choice. I had pancakes and berries, they were delicious. Location is great and we were given good directions to find it too. I can't recommend this b&b enough, I really really 100% recommend staying here. I will definitely return if I am in Scotland again! Thank you very much John and Irene for your outstanding hospitality :o)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank champkis
CrubenbegHouse, Owner at Crubenbeg House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Champkis,

I have to say that we, too, enjoyed your stay with us, for which many thanks.

It is very kind of you, taking the time to write this review. We would like to say that we couldn't agree more nor could we have put it better ourselves.

But that would be very, very immodest of us wouldn't it? And that simply not like us.

So we'll simply say, once again again, "Thank you."

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just returned from 2 nights staying with John and Irene at their B & near Newtonmore. We had a lovely stay, great sized ensuite room with fab views (osprey). We brought Coco, our little Lhasso pup, who also enjoyed the grounds and all the attention. Great breakfasts, wide choice, certainly sets you up for the day. John and Irene are very friendly, knowledgeable about the area and are very keen to make you welcome in their home and chat away whenever they bump into you. Great base to explore the Highlands whether you are a walker, skier or just want to relax and sightsee. If we had any feedback to aid future improvements it would be to upgrade and modernise some of the slightly dated furniture in the lounge and bedding, although everything was spotlessly clean and comfortable. We would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014
CrubenbegHouse, Owner at Crubenbeg House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to pen your kind words - much appreciated. We enjoyed looking after the 3 of you, of that there is no doubt.

You'll be pleased to know that new bed linen is on order - it will be in situ for our new season.

All the very best.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Once again John and Irene didn't disappoint. Last year we stayed 4 days but we had a 5 day stint this time. Again our room never had an ounce of dust present and it was so quiet, even though you can see the A9 in the distance. Our brekkie's were truly amazing, if you can manage a four course breakfast that is. I know I did. The 'Osprey' room is just fab. Shame they didn't have a 'scarlets' or 'dragons' room giving that John is a little bit of a rugby fan. The, 'sleep like a baby' king size h-h-huge bed was great and the odd steaming hot bath was needed after a long day too. So all in all Andrea and I thought this years stay was better than last years, and that was hard to beat be anyone's standard. Thanks for the long chats, the whiskies, the banter, the needed scrumptious packed lunch and most of all just giving us the opportunity to remain ourselves, relaxing with the company of such real nice genuine people. Roll on 2014's stay. Anyone who does not enjoy their time or stay at Crubenbeg, needs a check-up from the neck up. Another perfect stay in a perfect location. Glad to be review 100. Well deserved.
Thanks

Room Tip: The Osprey room is the best room. Quiet as a mouse. You can see the A9 but you cannot hear it.
1  Thank Jason H

J & A, Many thanks, as ever, for your extremely kind words, much appreciated. We are delighted that it is your good selves who had the "honour" of writing our 100th review on here. We suspect that you were hanging on - and hanging on!!! Looking forward to seeing you later this year. Until then, all the best & good luck for the 6 Nations!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

The Crubenbeg House is spectacular. It was our last stop on a whirlwind roadtripping tour of Scotland and what a way to end it! John greeted us so sweetly and showed us (I traveled with my husband and another couple) around the building, joking with us and letting us know more information about our rooms and the area. He recommended a great spot for dinner and called ahead to make the reservations.

The property and rooms are lovely. I especially enjoyed the Jolomo paintings in the common area as they had captured my imagination earlier on our journey. The beds were certainly the most comfortable we had on the whole trip!

By chance, we stayed in a handicap accessible room. I was so happy to see it! As an American living in Europe and someone who has family members with mobility limitations, I'm regularly notice that lack of accommodating facilities on this continent. I understand the reasons for this, but I certainly took notice and I'm happy to know that my loved ones would have a place to go in the heart of Scotland.

Finally, breakfast was outstanding. We had a fun time chatting with John, Irene, and a pair of guests from Australia. Get the layered pancakes. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Saniya423

I have to say that we wish you'd been able to stay a little longer too, so much did we enjoy your comapny, thank you. Until next time.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and could not have been more pleased. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, John & Irene could not have been better hosts! Breakfasts were amazing with a menu list of 3 pages.....everything from porridge to a full Scottish breakfast via pancake stacks were on offer along with some quips from John :-)

Irene cakes also deserve a mention as they were always welcome as part of a packed lunch or with a cup of tea.....excellent stuff.

The room we had ( Osprey) was magnificent, more of a suite than a room, with a super king size bed and a bathroom which was nearly as large as the bedroom. Giant windows offered all around views of the countryside, and although only a few hundred yards from the A9 you could leave your windows and not hear a thing.

There are plenty of walks from the house, and if you have a dog, they get treated just as well as you will. ( Rajah - John & Irene's dog will also show them around, although to be honest I have no idea what they were talking about)!!

Would we go back??....definitely as I gather most people do, although I think this place gets booked very quickly, so go NOW, you know you want to!!

Thanks John, Irene & Rajah, look forward to seeing you again! especially if West Brom bt Man Utd every time!! :-)

Room Tip: We Had Osprey , but i think all rooms are excellent
3  Thank recallrich
CrubenbegHouse, Owner at Crubenbeg House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Rich, It was such a pleasure helping West Bromwich beat Man Utd - a resukt that I don't think you were expecting!! If only I could put that magic power to good use o a regular basis, I could be a rich guy!!

We're more than pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is so kind of you to make the time to pen a review here for us. We do appreciate it, thank you. Until you promised return - all the very best. John.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

the rooms are very nice, the couple that are the host are great!!! Will talk to you all night about everything. They care so much about their guest. Breakfast was very good each morning! Loved the large eating table and create conversation between everyone sitting at the table.

1  Thank bolewis55
CrubenbegHouse, Owner at Crubenbeg House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Bo, you're a gent and a scholar, but I knew that even before I read your review, for which many thanks. Keep well, mon ami.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newtonmore
Columba House Hotel
#3 of 13 in Newtonmore
Clune House
Clune House
#1 of 13 in Newtonmore

Been to Crubenbeg House? Share your experiences!