The Glen Hotel
The Star Hotel(Kingussie)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsspecials boardcask alesno nonsensevenison steakpub grubpower showerwill def be backhuge portionskingsize bedcomfortable roomsgreat nightevening mealgreat roomsmall hotelwell worth a visitgood sizestayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The food is fantastic with very polite staff. Very comfortable rooms. I would like to thank Chris and Kim and there staff for there outstanding hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Worst night ever. They hadn't informed us at booking that they were hosting some sort of karaoke night. As our rooms were just above the bar it was sooo loud and was not able to sleep.

I had booked a room w ensuite but they had double booked causing me to have to run across the hall way to use a toliet. UNACCEPTABLE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank DuchessOfDunblane
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Stayed here for one night, the hotel was very easy to find and had plenty of parking. Upon arrival we were shown to our room which was light and had everything you would expect, large bed, TV, bathroom (it was pink but spotless), tea coffee making facilities and ample storage. Our room was at the front which meant we were woken by lorry about 6.30am the next morning.

Ate in the bar, food was very good and reasonably priced. Leave room for dessert, the best selection I've seen in a while and they tasted great.

Breakfast the next morning was very good and all freshly made.

I did have an issue with the shower, I couldn't seem to get it to the right temperature it was either scalding hot or freezing cold. My boyfriend didn't have a problem so I'm not sure what I was doing wrong. This wouldn't put me off going back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Went here for a meal with 3 friends.Very friendly staff,quick service,gorgeous food,reasonable prices!
The nicest steak I have had in a long time!
Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Newtonmore proved a good centre for the hills to the west and Speyside. Our beds were very comfortable. We ate in the hotel on each night of our three day stay - good pub food. The bar can get quite busy! Staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family