“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 15 Newtonmore B&B and Inns
Antwerp, Belgium
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Me and my husband stayed here for two nights. Ian and Jane made us feel very welcome and they could possibly be the friendliest people you will ever meet. Lovely rooms, great breakfast! If we ever visit Scotland again, we will make sure to stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Heidi D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Our Hosts at Clune House are newcomers to this property but have taken little time to provide a superb venue with exceptional service and warmth of welcome. Ian and Jane are determined to ensure guests are delighted with the rooms, facilities and breakfasts and are eager to carry out improvements which will without doubt make this a 5 star place to stay.
Nothing was too much trouble and the varied breakfasts were delicious and Jane's style 'touches' throughout create a fantastic look and ambiance to Clune House. We arrived as guests and left as friends. Thank you for a wonderful stay and good luck for the future. Ian Brooks.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank gotobegood
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

I too was on the same bike ride as Andrew C but I made it to Newtonmore scrapefree. Upon arrival at the Crune House B&B I couldn't have been made to feel more welcome. I explained that there'd been an accident and Andrew C was in Perth having an X-ray but had hoped to catch the last train to Newtonmore. I stated that I would walk along to the train station to meet my injured buddy as a good friend would. Ian insisted that he would pick him up to save me the bother. So I took full advantage of this, had a nice relaxing shower (I'd cycled over 100 miles that day), watched the athletics on the large TV in pure comfort whilst getting ready for the pub. I made it to the pub well in advance of last orders! Phew! The third member of the tour didn't make it back till 1am but that's another story.
Next morning the breakfast was spot on and we got on our way again to Inverness (2 of us did anyway).
We've done a lot of long distance bike rides now and hence we've been in lots of good and lots of bad B&Bs. Clune House tops them all. Newtonmore is a good place to stop too and from what I gather a far better option than other resorts in the area during busy periods.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank The_Grandmaster
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Three of us were cycling Glasgow-Inverness until disaster struck and I broke my wrist. We had this b&b booked for our second night, after much travelling to get x-rays, etc i arrived at Newtonmore train station not sure how to get to the b&b. As the platform cleared a gentlemen approached and introduced himself as Ian from the b&b. one of my party had told Ian what had happened and he took it upon himself to come and pick me up in the car.

Once back at the b&b birth Ian and Hane couldn't do enough to make sure I was comfortable. Bags were carried to the room which was exceptionally clean and well decorated. Breakfast the next morning was out of this world (thank you for cutting up my food Jane!).

To top it off Ian insisted on taking me to Kingussie train station saving me the hassle of an uncomfortable walk.

The b&b itself is excellent but what makes this place so good is Ian & Jane. What an absolutely wonderful couple. Anyone who wants to visit the Cairngorms should stop here. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Andrew C
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Ian and Jane have just taken over the running of this charming B&B and we can honestly say we have never had service as friendly or welcoming as we did in our week long stay with our 15 week old son.
My partner and I have stayed in many hotels through work including a six month stint in a 4/5 star joint in Colchester but Clune House beats them all hands down!!
Despite our new baby and the extra demands we put on Ian and Jane, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was both delicious and at a time to suit us all. They even allowed us the use of their kitchen to feed ourselves as going out is not really an option at the moment. Jane is too her credit obsessively clean so the room was always immaculate.
We can not recommend this place enough and hope to stay there again. The surrounding area is stunning and there is plenty to do for all ages. You can't get bored in the Cairngorms!!
We left after our week sad to say goodbye to two such lovely people who we considered to be our friends. How many other B&B's can claim that?
A+++++++++++++++

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Toby S
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Located on the main street of this sleepy Highland village sits the characterful Clune House run by Ian and Jane, two of the friendliest mine hosts you will find in Scotland. Nothing is too much trouble for this husband and wife team to make your stay as comfortable and memorable as possible. Newtonmore is the ideal base from which to explore the Highlands; whether it be the Spey Valley for all its famous whisky distilleries, or Inverness, the Capital of the Highlands or the Isle of Skye - these are all easy day trips from your home from home.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank 626Alicia
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

We stayed here for one night. The B&B is located in the centre of town, within easy walking distance of few restaurants.
Our bedroom was large with comfortable beds and the bathroom was very clean.
Breakfast was ok.

Would recommend it for a short stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank mhlondonuk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newtonmore
The Glen Hotel
#1 of 15 in Newtonmore
Highland Holiday Cottages
Highland Holiday Cottages
#1 of 6 in Newtonmore

Been to Clune House? Share your experiences!