Rating an hotel is sometimes difficult. If you compare this to Hawai, Bali etc. you will certainly rate this lower than average. If you know Cuba and understand how things work there and the limitation inherent to the country then your view and judgement will probably be much higher. This is a very large hotel (bungalows) spread on a global piece of land which spreads on 3 miles. If you do not have kids, you shall absolutely take the rooms in the Spa side. The pool is the absolute best of the resort. The village which is supposed to be the luxury part of the hotel has a very average pool and is at the end of the world. Way too far from main buildings etc. As said in many reviews the beaches (2) are both 5*. Regarding accommodation, service is nice but not stellar although people are always ready to help. One main restaurant and several smaller that you need to book in advance. (Also average). Rooms (Spa) are spacious and at US standard. Aircon works well, tube and shower. We had a very poor laundry experience. Took 3 days and we got everything back not ironed and still dirty. Food.... another key subject for most. We arrived at the hotel for on week after 2 weeks of trekking round Cuba. I can only say that people criticising the food quality probably only know Cuba through 4 and 5 stars hotel in Varadero or elsewhere. My appreciation is of course different. Very nice food and very good variety for Cuba. Overall location of the hotel is nice from a beach perspective but like all the hotels on those 'Cayos' very far from the real Cuba. Remedios, the first town is at 50km, one hour drive ....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the impressive Cayo Ensenachos, Cayo Ensenachos brings all the Cuban flavour to some of the most exclusive Caribbean beaches. Holidays in Cayo Ensenachos are always great. The area features two exclusive, beautiful and quite unknown beaches. Kilometers of golden sand waiting for you and facing the turquoise-shaded ocean. Two of the beaches are bound to captivate you: Megano and Ensenachos. The heavenly beaches and the luxury hotels and resorts in Cayo Ensenachos, offer anything you might think of. Rest is only one of the attractions you'll enjoy if you spend your holidays in Cayo Ensenachos, one of Cuba's most exclusive destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Iberostar, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Ensenachos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Ensenachos Hotel Cayo Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Cayo
- Royal Hideaway Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Hotel