“awesum hospitality....”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Cromwell
Invercargill, New Zealand
“awesum hospitality....”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

What a fantastic holiday my family and I had. 2 years we have been with cromwell motels it suits our family Thanks Colin & Debbie your hospitality kindness & time spent with my family was awesome. I recommend this motel it's close to town and to the lake most of all it's great for families with children we all could congregate in the middle for our bbq's at night Debbie and Colin go beyond there duty as propierters they accomodate you where they can happy holidays people.
Tania kingi (Drummond) Southland

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
CromwellHarry, Manager at Cromwell Motel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Another great year visiting Central Otago. we enjoy seeing yous guys every year and love to catch up with the whole family, so we will see you all again at Xmas

Debbie and Colin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Debbie & Colin, Thanks again for another enjoyable stay with you! As is every year a most clean, comfortable and friendly stay. We make this an annual trip and the Cromwell Motel suits all our needs, and the hosts are more than accommodating to any requirements we have as a large group. We would recommend staying here to anyone without hesitation.
See you next year guys, look forward to it. Cheers The Miss Match Car group.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Well it was another great weekend for the classic cars event in Cromwell . we enjoy the Friday night street run and the event at Alpha St, then there's the year BBQ in the garden. great company
Debbie and Colin
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 1 November 2013

It has actually been a few years since I stayed at the Cromwell Motel but I thought I'd come back and add some reviews from my trip to NZ.

I turned up in Cromwell with no booking whilst on a 9 day driving trip through the South Island. It was about 9pm at night and being a small and quiet little place during a busy holiday period I wasn't sure if I'd find any accommodation. I am pretty sure it was after check in time but when I just turned up the managers were very helpful and thankfully there were a couple of rooms available.
I found the room to be very clean, well maintained, well appointed and good value. I could park my car directly in front of my door which helped as I then felt comfortable with the securityand thus did not have to unpack all my gear as it was only a one night stay.

The whole motel grounds were very quiet and peaceful despite there obviously being quite a few guests and the staff were more than helpful in suggesting places to eat and drink that night. I was in the region with the goal of tasting some of the high quality local wine (especially the Pinot Noir) and the staff were also helpful in directing me to my main goal of Felton Road as well as suggesting some other wineries I did not know of.

All in all I thought Cromwell Motel was quite good. As I said it's been a few years (It was late 2010 from memory - I'd check my travel diary but don't have it with me - I do know that I wrote quite highly of it though) but if the motel is still under the same management I could only guess that it is still well run and good value accommodation.

Room Tip: I stayed in a self contained unit (I think it was close to the office). Whilst it was not outstandin...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
MotelCromwell, Owner at Cromwell Motel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Sorry for the late reply, and thank you for that outstanding review of not only our Motels, but the service and hospitality we gave you. We really look forward to the day you come back to maybe sample some more of those award wining Pinot Noir from Central Otago, Cromwell

From the Mangement and staff at the Cromwell Motel
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Spacious accommodation in a spacious motel and very helpful hosts. Had to spend an extra night here due to an injury but it was a pleasure. On a tour of Southland and Otago we stayed at two excellent motels and this was one of them.

Room Tip: I noticed that some units had a covered carport. Great in bad weather but not sure if they get bad w...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dave B
Whangaparaoa, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Clean, tidy and very comfortable with a relaxed feeling about it; no complaints whatsoever. Lovely property with pool, shady trees, picnic tables and barbecue area, just perfect for a summers' evening. The Cromwell shopping centre, or the quaint Old Cromwell Town are an easy walk or very short drive away, as is the picturesque Lake Dunstan. The owners were great; attentive but not intrusive. I would have no hesitation in recommending this motel to budget-minded travellers looking for a comfortable and reasonably priced place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jillimc
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed here on our bike tour from Arthurs Point to Middlemarch including the Otago Rail Trail. This place is very bike friendly with bike racks although we just put ours on the little patio in front of our unit. All the units seem to be ground floor and the 3 our group occupied (7, 8 and 9) were all large, very light and airy and I think all had room for 4 people. There is a laundry and washing line and also some nice shady lawn with BBQ and BBQ tables in the middle of the property. Very comfortable bed and such lovely soft sheets. If you aren't travelling solely with panniers you can arrange baggage pickup to/from the motel through one of the bike companies in the area.

Room Tip: Can certainly recommend 7, 8 and 9.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marjorie J
Invercargill, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We booked this accommodation 1 year out, for 6 nights, over the christmas period, as we had stayed in this accommodation the previous christmas. We asked for specific rooms, large units in the front, as we had others joining us. We also reconfirmed our accommodation mid year with Debbie. On arrival we were given a smaller unit at the back suitable for only 2 people, size wise, but with 4 beds. We were advised an error had been made and there was no larger room available. We tried to find larger accommodation, but none was available in Cromwell at that time of the year. We advised our friends not to come, but we would catch up once larger accommodation could be found. This we found in Alexandra. Make sure you check your room before you pay as you will be given no money refund if you decide to leave the accommodation early, even if you give 24 hours notice and offer to pay the cleaning costs, and they relet the room immediately, as happened to us this past christmas. We found the accommodation clean and Colin very pleasant to deal with, he said if it was up to him he would have no problem refunding us the accommodation as there had been some muck up but Debbie was the boss and made all decisions on refunds. After some discussion we were refunded 1 night, the rest she said was kept for costs??? We have stayed in Motels and Apartments around the world at least 3 times a year for the past 30 years and have never, thankfully, had an experience like this. Neil & Susan

Room Tip: If you pay for your accommodation before you travel make sure you get the room you asked for. Large...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family