“Can't you cook a steak” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cromwell Brew House
Ranked #19 of 33 Restaurants in Cromwell
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, New Zealand, International
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland NZ
“Can't you cook a steak”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Have eaten here before but not again, ordered the ribeye steak medium specified pink not red. Well half of it was fine but the rest red and bleeding. When the plares were collected I told the waitress I was not happy with the steak. On paying the bill I again said I was not happy only to be told that thats what you get with the meat closer to the bone. They charged me full wack no discount. Well I will go somewhere else next time

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Invercargill, New Zealand
“Its a pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

It is what ypu would expect a pub to be, pool table, pokies, TAB and a bar. but down the back there is a nice wee lounge area with a fire and that is just what I was looking for that day. Hung out to kill a couple of hours, was just what the Dr ordered.

Visited October 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another great eatery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

This is also just a 2 minute walk from the motel, absolutely superb meals at very very reasonable prices, I recommend all travellers go have a meal or a nice chilling speights (beer) or wine outside.

Visited January 2013
travelbug-aus2010
“Perfect pub meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

Was surprised to see the not so nice reviews posted by previous patrons as I am yet to experience bad service or food at the pub. We enjoyed a few meals here on our recent visit to Cromwell and couldn't fault the food. Large meals with lots of veg and the service was quick!
The pub was walking distance from our motel so the location could not have been better. Will be back.

• Visited February 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“MUST VISIT - if you like terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2011

I visited the Cromwell Brew House on Sunday 24 April. I had been driving around the region with my partner on a holiday, and we were well in need of a decent meal by the time we got here. Having driven for so long, I was busting to go to the bathroom, and before seating ourselves I went to go to the toilet.

That was my mistake - I was not so kindly asked by the waitress if she could help me, to which I replied that I was just going to go to the bathroom. In the rudest tone possible, she answered (or rather announced to the room) "the PUBLIC bathrooms are down the road". I didn't get the chance to even say we were thinking about dining there, and after that there was no way in the world I wanted to.

Reading the other review (from the same day even!) I am glad I didn't bother. The owners here obviously don't realise a very short drive away are some spectacular vineyard restaurants, or that they rely on a tourist dollar. Disappointing to know, that as Kiwi's, some international tourists are getting this perception of New Zealand. No southern hospitality here.

My recommendation - anywhere but here.

• Visited April 2011