“Amazing wine, food and views”
Review of The Shed at Northburn Station - CLOSED

The Shed at Northburn Station
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Northburn Station is a 13,500 hectare high country merino sheep station that has diversified the traditional grazing operation to include a vineyard and function venue. The Shed Cellar Door and Restaurant is open for weddings, private functions and wine tasting by appointment. Northburn is surrounded by spectacular mountains, overlooks the picturesque Lake Dunstan and is only a few minutes drive out of Cromwell. So come and enjoy the Northburn Experience with us.
Reviewed 21 May 2014

On the way to Queenstown myself and three friends stopped here for lunch. It's such a beautiful place, even going up the drive, with amazing views across to Cromwell! We waited about 10 minutes to be seated then were led into a lovely rustic dining room. We ordered a bottle of the Pinot Rose which was divine, breads and dips and I had salmon with risotto for the main. everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal and the wine was some of the best Rose I've had. It was a shame it was a cold day otherwise we would have sat outside. I quickly checked out the function room at the back of the restaurant as they hold weddings and events there. It had a lovely, cosy, rustic barn feeling. It was definitely worth the stop!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I cannot rave enough about this place! This place serves one of the best food I had in NZL and the view from the shed is so picturesque with a cute little pond in front.

Lovely service, food, wine and ambience! A must go if you are in the Crowmwell area. If you have the budget, don't give this a miss!!

Less crowded than Gibbston Valley Winery and just as good! The scenery here is definitely better , look at my photos..I kid you not! :)

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We visited this winery while travelling around the South Island. The wine is superb and the goats cheese soufflé is to die for.
The location is beautiful and my husband and I agreed it would be a fantastic wedding venue. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Excellent scenery, great layout. Lamb was the best I've ever had in a restaurant in NZ.
Wine is superb.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Dropped in not knowing what to expect. Wow. Beautiful location and fantastic food and wines. A great venue to return to.