“Give in to temptation!”

Bald Hills Vineyard
Ranked #25 of 47 things to do in Cromwell
More attraction details
Owner description: Delightful small vineyard in the heart of Pinot Noir country, Bannockburn, Central Otago, New Zealand. Our sunny, sheltered, private and secluded vineyard produces award-winning Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris and Riesling. Taste our award-winning wines at Bald Hills Wines & Stoneridge Estate Wines Cellar Door, opposite Lake Hayes near Queenstown. Wines are available for New Zealand and International delivery from our website.
Reviewed 20 February 2014

A delightful vineyard situated in an interesting and picturesque area. The wines more than live up to their reputation, and the individual attention you get when visiting allows an informed choice. Try their mailing list-- although this does lessen the reasons to visit!

1  Thank Trevor S

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I did our own little wine tour a few Saturdays back. Much more fun for me of course as I was not driving. Bald Hills was a stand-out. It was our first stop and we only visited one other winery after that. We bought some Riesling and Pinot Gris. I am usually affected by the sulphites in wines which are added as preservatives but am so happy to say that the wine at this tasting did not affect me in the usual way with sneezing and hayfever symptoms. Amazing!! I will be a fan in the future.

1  Thank Debbie H
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We have been travelling to NZ since 2004 and it was our son Noel who introduced us to Bald Hill wines , Blair and Estelle. The wine is always delicious to taste and buy, we have added a few to our cellar. We always pop into the winery whenever we visit to make a purchase of the new seasons wines. It's always a treat so see you on late 2014

1  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

In short if you are wanting to experience what central Otago wine is all about and why we kiwis rave about it then Bald Hills is a must. There entire range is excellent and worth traversing. Blair and Estelle are great hosts and welcoming.

1  Thank Roboduck999
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We visited Bald Hills 2 years ago and were delighted with the charming and funny host. Having visited a number of vineyards in the area it took a very special Pinot Noir to stand up and be noticed by us. We bought both 2008 and 2009 and have somehow managed to restrain our desire to drink it all as soon as we got home. This year we have had one of each and I am so glad we waited. Both years are absolutely stunning and have lived up to their promise and more. You have got us well and truly hooked and we will continue to be one of your many supporters especially when I visit again this year. Looking forward to tasting your latest vintage.