“Great Break”
Review of Fusee Rouge Cafe

Fusee Rouge Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Cromwell
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Exhausted and dehydrated whole driving from Timaru, this was the perfect break with free wifi, fresh nutritious food, and relaxing environment.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I came in to Fusee Rouge 3 years ago with a group of friends and the manager was extremely rude to all of us, (I didn't know it at the time he was the manager until I spoke about this to others who had been there. It has a new manager now).

I've dined here a few times this year and the staff were friendly, cakes were delicious and well priced. Recently I was here for a meeting, the cafe was empty except for our table. I looked up to see two young baristas leaning over the coffee machine, (right near our table) heads cocked, blatantly listening into our conversation. It was not until I kept staring at them did they realize I knew they were listening in and turned away very quickly, pretending to be busy. I would never come back here for any kind of meeting and find this to be extremely rude and nosy. I had asked to pay when I left which I was told was fine. When it came time to pay I handed my eftpos card over and the server very rudely said "are you wanting to pay?" which I assumed was quite obvious. She had no record of my order and barely spoke to me during the transaction. The servers are young, rude and could do with some training on customer service.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Fusee make THE best coffee in all of New Zealand!! They have a great range of food options to eat in or take away and all that is displayed looks amazing and super fresh. We had a piece of the gingernut slice and one of the apricot slice and both were yummy yummy yummy. The staff are friendly and there is a lovely area outside to sit and enjoy your coffee. Highly recommend that you stop here for coffee or lunch if you are anywhere near Cromwell.
It must be good because when I first went to write a review this café was not listed on Tripadvisor so I wrote to request it be added - now that's a recommendation!!!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

On the way to Queenstown we usually stop here because of the excellent coffee, but there are plenty of high quality snacks, healthy or not, the ones we have had have all been outstanding - roast veges frittata and corn fritters were quite a treat this time. To be highly recommended!