“disappointing”

The Bridge Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Walshford
Reviewed 30 June 2014

we chose this hotel as we had 2 yoga training days in York, we thought the spa would be a lovely idea for the night inbetween, booked a club room, unfortunately this room was on the ground floor, the window was just to the side of the main entrance, & really nothing better than a standard travelodge room, we had expected a wedding to be on from reading the other reviews, however we unluckily chose a night when the year 11 prom was on as well, so we had to park on a side street & walk to the hotel & then move the car into the car park a few hours later, the small spa itself was clean, a sauna & steam room, 2 foot jets, & outside a barrel sauna that just didn't really get that hot & an over chlorinated outside jacuzzi that fits 6 & a snooze room with access to a roof terrace so not really much of a tranquil place to 'snooze' the young girl on spa reception was less than enthusiastic in her customer service skills, but both reception staff were polite & helpful, as others have commented, no free Wi-Fi & again the cleaners must have eaten our chocolates too, really not worth the £126 for the cost of the room & £30 for the spa use, I'm sure the Day's Inn up the road would have given us the same service/room for half the price & no functions to try & sleep through

Room Tip: don't book a room on the ground floor if its a saturday
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for The Bridge Hotel and Spa

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

A huge thank you to June and all the staff for everything they did to make our wedding day (07/06/14) perfect.
From arrival (Friday night for my other half) to departure (Sunday morning), the whole experience was fantastic!
We want to thank Zsolt in particular. He couldn't have done more for me and my new husband all day and night. His attentiveness did not go unnoticed by our guests, who all commented that he was brilliant.
The food was delicious (I've been told -I couldn't eat!!!), and the DJ (provided by the Bridge) was fantastic!
A day we will always remember!!
Thank you!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SuzanneE13
PhilipRoberts1, Owner at The Bridge Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

I am so delighted that you felt that we looked after you both so well. Thank you so much for your kind comments.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel is attractive from the outside with good bedrooms, nice bar and a very good restaurant. However in parts it looks a little 'tired' but it is very good value for the money. The staff are all very pleasant and our stay was enjoyable.

Room Tip: Room 7 on ground floor was a bit more spacious than some we have stayed in. It had a double and a s...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
PhilipRoberts1, Owner at The Bridge Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I booked an overnight stay at The Bridge Inn for my best friends birthday. I also booked a three hour spa experience with one '30 minute' treatment.

Firstly...I visited another spa with the same friend last year and in no way does this hotel & spa even come close!!

I booked the 'Take time out and relax midweek' package. This one night break includes, three hours use of our spa facilities, robes, towels and slippers, one 30 minute treatment per person from the following, aromatherapy back massage, express facial or nail file and polish either hands or feet, three course carvery evening dinner and full Yorkshire Breakfast.

The treatment we received was a back massage - however this most certainly did not last 30 minutes! There was a short consultation at the beginning & time at the end to relax once the massage was over - so if this was included in the timing it might just have made 30 minutes!

In addition to this, when we first arrived at the hotel the reception staff were not particularly helpful - they didn't have our room key as housekeeping had been in the room, therefore the key was already in the door. We were not told our room number, so although we were told where to go, we had to return to reception to make sure that we had the right room, to which the receptionist replied 'It wouldn't be the first time I have given someone the wrong room!!' - that didn't exactly fill us with hope! We were given no information about where to go for the Spa or what to do, we were not informed as to where dinner would be served, nor were we told anything regarding breakfast the following morning - we had to ask about all of these things.

I also upgraded our room to a 'Club room' - these rooms are supposed to be larger, with larger beds and chocolates in the room on arrival. The room was far from large and the beds were smaller than single (if that is possible?!). Perhaps house keeping had eaten the chocolates as these were also missing?! In addition to this, the hotel advertise wifi connection within the room, which we were unable to connect to - and when my friend went to ask about this at reception they offered very little help/explanation! The bathroom was lovely and was very clean, however the toilet seat was broken, therefore whenever you sat on it you had to steady yourself!

The spa is extremely spread out & is not particularly easy to navigate...
The first room we went into was the steam room, which smelt very strongly of stale sweat - not a pleasant first experience of the spa. The rest of the spa was clean - however there was also an ice fountain - minus the ice! As we arrived at 2pm, this is not an unreasonable time to expect everything within the spa to be available!! There is a relaxation room, however this is positioned in such a way that people have to walk through to get to the balcony, which can be disturbing in itself, however the door to this room was possibly the heaviest door in the whole spa/hotel therefore made a terrible bang whenever anyone walked through it - definitely disturbing snooze/relaxation time!

We had a 3 course carvery dinner in the hotel restaurant, which was lovely and service was fantastic...
However, when we went to the same restaurant for breakfast, we were brought a pot of tea, then left completely! We had no idea what we were entitled to and eventually just helped ourselves to whatever we thought we could have...Complete contrast to the service the previous night.

All in all, the stay was not one of pure relaxation as we had hoped - and was certainly not to be compared with our stay in a different spa the previous year.

We will not be returning.

Room Tip: Don't bother upgrading!!! You do not get what you pay for!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank slwilk1364
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stay in a lot of hotels for pleasure and business. Its great to write a good report about a hotel as believe me I do see so many awful hotels.

The staff are polite, helpful and basically cannot do enough for you. The appearance upon walking into the hotel is excellent. Real warm and cosy feel. Not like a brand or chain a proper family values.

The rooms were great, I cannot write a negative comment.

The food was excellent, I shall return for pleasure and have already started to look for a long weekend break. I am also going to book for a conference for the company I work for also.

Room Tip: I will most likely go for a club room. However, I had a standard room and the bathroom was clean, n...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
PhilipRoberts1, Owner at The Bridge Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you so very much for your very kind comments; they are very much appreciated.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

this was my second stay at the Bridge inn spa in as many weeks. stayed with my daughter the first time round, then brought my mum for my second visit. Clean well equipped rooms with lovely bathrooms. lovely restaurant very nice food, afternoon tea was beautifully served!. loved the little tea lights that were lit late afternoon in the bar and restaurant, very ambient! The spa is clean, recently renovated, and fabulous!! (the mud rasule is a must!) The whole place is calm and relaxing! The General Manger Chantelle and Laura in the spa gave outstanding customer service! nothing was too much trouble. How lovely to see the General manager mingling with the guests instead of sat in an office somewhere out of site. This hotel will now become my regular bolt hole from everyday stress! see you all again soon!
debi, Bea, and ellie-rose

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your return visit to The Bridge so much; & indeed enjoyed our wonderful new spa. I will pass on your kind comments to the team; thank you again.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

With re opening of Spa, decided to try it. You need to go through the hotel reception area, but easy to locate and good welcome from the spa staff. Bright, modern decor and relaxing. Offered a beverage on arrival. Busy but calm atmosphere throughout. My beauty therapist was very professional and had a wonderful touch! Well they can vary.........delightful session, only niggle....somewhere on site a barking dog, ..outside her control I am sure and it did not last more than five mins of the hour. Overall brilliant visit, thank you Amber.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ladiesabouttown

We are so very proud of our wonderful new spa; your very kind comments are really appreciated.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walshford
Days Inn Wetherby
Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel
Rudding Park Hotel
Rudding Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Follifoot

Been to The Bridge Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!