“Spa break”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Walshford
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Spa break”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked a two night stay on a Wahanda deal so we got excellent value for money, £125 per night per couple for bed, breakfast, two course evening meal and afternoon tea and bubbly in the spa, our stay allowed us 3 hours per day in the spa, the time being allocated to you. The first day we were booked in at 11.30 before we checked in, which was good.

First impressions, the hotel looked a little tired from the front. My gut feeling is that this was a hotel mainly for motorway/business and now they are diversifying, and they are trying really hard to get this right. The spa staff were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble and they waited on us constantly to ensure we had a relaxing time - many thanks to them! All of the areas in the spa are very clean, well maintained and nice to use. My only gripe is that there was one wc, used by both men and women, again kept very clean, I just didn't like the idea.

We had a deluxe room, but to be honest to me it was like any standard room I've ever stayed in. It was clean overall but then I noticed things like the bathroom extractor fan coated in dust and the skirting board under the desk the same. The wifi in the rooms was very poor, I think I managed an hour of use during our stay.

The public areas of the hotel were nice, and the bar had a cosy feel to it. All of the staff of this hotel were extremely helpful and friendly. We ate in the restaurant both nights and the food was excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
PhilipRoberts1, Owner at The Bridge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Many thanks for your review regading your spa break with us here at The Bridge; I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your visit. For the record; we are a wonderful hotel situated between York, Harrogate & Ripon with a wonderful spa.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
North Yorkshire
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Bought a wowcher deal for The Bridge's newly refurbished Spa, we were very disappointed Treatments were good,Staff were friendly the spa itself outdoor jacuzzi OK outdoor sauna OK steam room no steam just heat???, Lavender terrace a cubby hole with 2 hanging chairs and a shelf of lavender plants, the place itself is very bitty up one set of stairs to 1 treatment area back down then up another set of stairs to relaxation room and terrace, the place was too busy that day not enough areas to sit and relax such a shame really because the Hotel and dining rooms were amazing. I will not go again for a second try just too disappointed.

Room Tip: We didn't stay although I'm sure all rooms are nice
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Myself and my husband booked a spa weekend and absolutely loved it - Laura could not have done enough to accommodate our needs - lovely meal served by Stan who is also an asset to this hotel. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014
PhilipRoberts1, Owner at The Bridge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments & I so pleased that you enjoyed your spa break with us so much. Thank you for choosing The Bridge.
Wetherby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I took my Mum for afternoon tea, we chose to sit at the bar. Our tea came first and by the time the food had arrived 45 minutes later we had obviously finished our tea and had to pay extra for more. The man dealing with us wasn't great he seemed like he didn't know what he was doing, the sandwiches were basically full of butter with a small amount of ham and salmon (those were the only fillings) 9 sandwiches in total. We then had the smallest scone I've ever had which came with a nice jam and what appeared to be canned cream. No one asked us if we were ok we had to keep getting up to ask for things such as a knife and fork, napkin etc. I'am disappointed as I have heard good things from friends about The Bridge. Perhaps we caught them on an off day but for £19 I expected a lot better!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Emma B
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Me and my friend visited on a Groupon deal for a day spa. The facilities available were good despite there not being a swimming pool but the outdoor hot tub made up for this!! We did eat in the bar area after our spa session too. The food was delicious but unfortunately there was a wedding party arriving around the same time we ordered so we felt a little uncomfortable sitting right in the middle of all the wedding guests - nothing that the hotel staff could have changed, other than maybe a warning that they were coming in and a suggestion of a quieter space to sit perhaps?

We look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MAM1980
Many thanks for taking the time to review your visit. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the spa so much; I am sorry that you felt the hotel was very busy.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We booked a one night bed,breakfast and afternoon tea break through Superbreaks and got a very good deal. We also made use of the spa & I booked a one hour facial which was absolutely brilliant and very relaxing. All the staff in the hotel, restaurant, spa and bar are extremely friendly, polite and courteous. Nothing was too much trouble.
We had dinner in the restaurant which was served by a very attentive team of waiters and maître D. Portions sizes were huge! Breakfast was a buffet style so you could chose as much or as little as you wanted. Again, the service was excellent and the food piping hot.
All in all, a superb place, very good value for money and somewhere I hope we'll go back to again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Foxyglove
Many thanks for your kind comments; I am so pleased we looked after you so well during your visit.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

After a fabulous spa day with mum and i, we decided to take grandma and my 3 daughters for afternoon tea/ bar food today. Excellent service.. Excellent food.. Excellent price and really nothing more to say! Thank you to the bar man and waitress for being very friendly and welcoming yet again. Perfect afternoon. Thank you. Victoria.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank victoriafnaismith
I am so delighted that you enjoyed your afternoon tea so much; we hope to welcome you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walshford
Days Inn Wetherby
#1 of 1 in Collingham
Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa

Been to The Bridge Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!