All reviews casa chameleon costa rica infinity pool golf cart amazing views pura vida sunset view main pool ceviche liberia airport overlooking the ocean first class mal pais mountain biking private villa jet skiing hotel restaurant
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Casa Chameleon Las Catalinas is incredible! From the warm, welcoming and friendly staff to the exquisite food, delicious drinks and the breathtaking views, this place is perfect! My husband and I can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank joshandreema
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a great place. The views are incredible, as well as the staff and service. Franklin, our server, and Marcos the chef gave us a one of a time experience. Very upscale accommodations with a plunge pool and the finest details accounted for. Thanks for a great trip!

1  Thank susanbrady628
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel room was nice , the view was beautiful and customer service was good . But, I could not enjoy the hotel room the way I would love to because there is lizard living in the room, and also makes noises at nights . You literally see them running and walking on the roof of the ceiling at nights . And also out the the balcony. Further more the door that separates the bedroom from the balcony area is not ceiled properly and the bathroom door that leads outside the balcony, because lizards gets in . And I’m not a fan of lizards. For the money we spent I think is was very disturbing that we had to live with lizards in the room . Also there is a big mosquito broblem. You have to walk with bug spray because they eat u alive inside the room, and not to mention on the balcony. So it was a nightmare. It would be nice if the hotel would invest in screening off that area so that it keeps the lizards and mosquitoes out . My entire 3 and a half days there I’m chasing lizards and mosquitoes. Was a nightmare. Furthermore, please don’t leave nothing valuable in the room , cleaning lady stole my 14k gold ring , and my wife lipstick.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
FedericoG2331, Manager at Casa Chameleon Hotel at Las Catalinas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Onlywritewhenmatters,

Thank you for choosing Casa Chameleon Las Catalinas for your recent stay. I'm happy that you enjoyed our rooms, the view and our customer service. I'd also like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I was checking in with the team and we recall your recent stay however it surprises us the situations you're mentioning above as they weren't expressed to any of them in the multiple occasions they interacted with you. All of our staff with access to the rooms has been with us for over a year and we've never had anything go missing from a guest room in this time period. When such thing has happened guests have informed us immediately and we've helped them look for it and have in most occasions found what they where looking for as most commonly it happens that guests misplace it. We are looking in our lost and found for the items mentioned you lost and will have them shipped to you as soon as we find them. Regarding mosquitos it's important to mention that we're right in the middle of the rainy season and located very close to the forest, reason why you can expect to have mosquitos, lizards, iguanas, monkeys and many other species in the hotels premises and surroundings. We're very aware of this situation with the mosquitoes reason why we provide complementary organic bug spray in all of our guests room besides the mosquito nets in all of our rooms over the beds for guests to use. Sometimes animals decide to visit our guest rooms and when this happens guests generally inform us and we will swiftly tend to the situation and provide a solution to them. I'm sorry that we weren't able to live up to your expectations. We would have loved that you communicate this situations to us when you where here in order to have had the opportunity to provide you with immediate solutions and alternatives that would have made your stay with us memorable. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for two nights for our anniversary. Details were splendid. Asked for flowers beforehand, special room, proper decoration and it was all taken care off.

Rooms are flawless, proper amenities and the private pools are a very nice detail.

Enjoyed most of our meals at the restaurant, great good and better service. Will make it part of our favorite spots circuit.

The price is worth it.

1  Thank Boris C
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Myself and my husband stayed at Casa Chameleon for 3 nights during our honeymoon. We found the staff extremely friendly and helpful, the food and service was great! But the view is by far the very best thing we can mention - we didn't want to leave our private balcony!

The room was clean and comfortable. The balcony, with private pool, was an amazing addition! We absolutely loved sun tanning on the balcony on the multiple lounging spaces, watching the sunset, and thoroughly enjoyed watching the thunder and lightning show in the evening. It was truly an experience we will never forget!

We spent a morning in the communal infinity pool, enjoying the view and the sun- we were served delicious drinks and food. The pool area is kept super clean, and the day beds and loungers were very nice.

Our only complaint is the ongoing construction. From 7 am - 5pm every day, the noise of hammering, buzz saws, clangs, bangs (everything that goes along with building vacation homes) was constant. We made a complaint to the staff, and they were extremely understanding, and provided a complimentary dinner and drinks. The staff did all they could to mitigate the annoyance of the construction!

We highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is close to the top of the hill, facing west.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple