“Great Times at the beach with Pura Vida Ride”
Review of Pura Vida Ride

Pura Vida Ride
Book In Advance
More Info
US$70.00*
and up
Mountain Bike Tour at Las Catalinas
More attraction details
Owner description: Pura Vida Ride is located 50 meters from the waters edge in one of the most spectacular setting in Costa Rica. We provide Stand-Up-Paddle, Mountain Bike, Kayak and snorkel rental and sales and offer a range of guided tours, lessons, adventure packages, and transportation services. Our outfitter store also offers a full service General Store offering the best coffee, pastries, ice creams, drinks and snacks on the Gold Coast of Guanacaste.Welcome to our Playground: Nature built it; we supply the toys.
Reviewed 23 March 2014

"amazing experience"
"last week"
"in great shape"

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Our family just returned from visiting Costa Rica. We stayed in Las Catalinas. We chose to do the week long package for all equipment offered by Pura Vida Ride. It was a great decision because we were able to use the equipment whenever we wanted and for as long as we wanted. I feel we were much more active because we weren't worried about paying for an hour here or an hour there. The staff was amazing. Missy, Lara and Reeni (spelling?) went out of their way to get us set up on equipment, to make sure we were safe and to answer any questions we may have had. I, especially, loved getting to know all of them over the course of the week :-) You won't be disappointed if you take the time to visit the shop. Playa Danta is a perfect place to explore on and off shore!!!!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We came here as part of a tour with Thomson Family Tours. It was a breathtaking setting--unspoiled beach, gorgeous views, and just the right atmosphere. Immediately, we were greeted by Lara and Jannick and another young woman from Turkey. They were so helpful getting us settled and fitted out in snorkeling and kayaking gear, fitting even my skinny 7 year old. We paddled out to Christmas Island and snorkeled in clear, calm waters. Lara helped my little guy learn to snorkel and soon he was floating on his own. My 10 year old was diving down, finding shells and spotting sea urchins, eels, colorful fish. Lara was patient and helpful. Yannick guided the non snorkelers on an extended paddle. On the way back to the beach, the wind picked up and my kids (in double kayaks with me and my wife) got quite tired. I was grateful when Lara offered to tow us part of the way. I saw that Yannick did the same for our friends. We then had a delicious lunch next door at an outdoor restaurant. In the afternoon, the kids rented boogie boards and played in the gentle surf.

As a caution- they are building up the area with more condos and houses, with the intention of creating an entire beach town. Right now the beach is isolated and gorgeous. I hope it's not overdeveloped!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

we stopped by to check out the kayaks to take out my family (wife and two small kids). The staff,Laura and Chris were really cool to my entire family and really went out of their way to set up my family for a fun hour hour kayak rental in the bay. The beach is really awesome. Their surf shop plus other toys is terrific for all you need to enjoy the area with all kinds of recreational toys. The ice cream will be a sure hit and do not dismiss their coffee options. Chris will make you one of his many coffee creations like the "Iced Magic.". He may have invented it as he made it for me. Great spot!

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Kayaking and snorkeling is as good as it gets on the pacific side. The water is not clear like in the Carrabean but surprisingly warm for the ocean. The location is beautiful with the sheltering islands causing only small waves considering what you usually find on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. Laura our kayaking and snorkeling guide was fantastic. She enthusiastically showed us around "Christmas Island" and back into a sheltered spot where we jumped off the kayaks for snorkeling. Saw lots of fish. The return to the beach was exciting as we had to surf the waves in. Laura guided us in on the smaller waves and showed us what not to do when heading into the beach by dumping her own kayak in the surf on the way in. Those of us who reached shore while still in our kayak while earning bragging rights, didn't have near the fun that those who didn't make it had. Thanks Laura for making our day.
ps: go early in the day before it gets too hot.