“Helpful staff”

US$70.00*
and up
Mountain Bike Tour at Las Catalinas
More attraction details
Owner description: Pura Vida Ride is located 50 meters from the waters edge in one of the most spectacular setting in Costa Rica. We provide Stand-Up-Paddle, Mountain Bike, Kayak and snorkel rental and sales and offer a range of guided tours, lessons, adventure packages, and transportation services. Our outfitter store also offers a full service General Store offering the best coffee, pastries, ice creams, drinks and snacks on the Gold Coast of Guanacaste.Welcome to our Playground: Nature built it; we supply the toys.
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I went to Pura Vida Ride to buy some swimwear and the employee, Melissa, was super helpful and friendly. She not only helped me pick out the perfect board shorts, she also shared her knowledge of the area and gave me good advice regarding where to kayak. I spent most of my time in Potrero visiting the places she recommended, and I wasn't disappointed. I'll come back to Pura Vida Ride again because I got a ton of value there.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

While staying at nearby Sugar Beach, by husband and I drove the short distance to Pura Vida Ride and rented kayaks for a fabulous afternoon paddle! The staff was so friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable---particularly Chris who went above and beyond to make our adventure a memorable one! Their gelato and baked goods were the perfect after-paddle treat. Thanks so much to Chris and Lara and the rest of the crew for their expertise and kindness! We'll definitely be back……..

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We recently spent a week touring Costa Rica and really enjoyed the two days we spent at beautiful and unspoiled Playa Dante (we left our own hotel beach to travel a half hour to get to Las Catalinas because we so enjoyed our first day there). The warm welcome and great service we received from the friendly staff at Pura Vida Ride made our experience so much more enjoyable- my 9 year old daughter was remarking repeatedly about how nice the staff were. They were very helpful in getting us set up with snorkeling equipment, taking us out by kayak to snorkel by Christmas Island (aka bird poop-island). Lara taught my daughter how to dive deep with snorkeling equipment and dove down to pick up a starfish to show us (while being careful not to harm it) and Yannick so kindly towed my daughter and I back, when upon our return to the beach the wind picked up and I couldn't manage on my own. He also bailed out my husband and son at the same time (with a smile and a chuckle) when they repeatedly capsized their kayak. Once Yannick got me to safe distance from the beach, from where I could mange on my own, my daughter decided to swim back the rest of the way. Yannick stayed behind in his Kayak with my daughter to make sure she made it back to shore safely - when she got tired, he towed her back giving her such a thrill. We were very appreciative of him going above and beyond the call of duty and having such a great attitude about it.
If you are lucky enough to visit this beautiful beach, make sure you ask Yannick to make you one of his soon to be famous, Muffin Mazoos (spelling?), I won't give away what's in it cause I think Yannik should trademark it, it is sooo dang good it's the perfect treat after a day being active in out and out of the water. BTW They also offer surf-yoga!! (for those looking for a "beyond-yoga" experience). Pura Vida Ride also has a store where one can buy souvenir t-shirts and caps alongside all kinds of surfing equipment and anything else you might want for a day at the beach. The t-shirts and caps have edgy, cooler designs than what you'll find at typical tourist shops around town, and their prices are comparable.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Our family just returned from visiting Costa Rica. We stayed in Las Catalinas. We chose to do the week long package for all equipment offered by Pura Vida Ride. It was a great decision because we were able to use the equipment whenever we wanted and for as long as we wanted. I feel we were much more active because we weren't worried about paying for an hour here or an hour there. The staff was amazing. Missy, Lara and Reeni (spelling?) went out of their way to get us set up on equipment, to make sure we were safe and to answer any questions we may have had. I, especially, loved getting to know all of them over the course of the week :-) You won't be disappointed if you take the time to visit the shop. Playa Danta is a perfect place to explore on and off shore!!!!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We came here as part of a tour with Thomson Family Tours. It was a breathtaking setting--unspoiled beach, gorgeous views, and just the right atmosphere. Immediately, we were greeted by Lara and Jannick and another young woman from Turkey. They were so helpful getting us settled and fitted out in snorkeling and kayaking gear, fitting even my skinny 7 year old. We paddled out to Christmas Island and snorkeled in clear, calm waters. Lara helped my little guy learn to snorkel and soon he was floating on his own. My 10 year old was diving down, finding shells and spotting sea urchins, eels, colorful fish. Lara was patient and helpful. Yannick guided the non snorkelers on an extended paddle. On the way back to the beach, the wind picked up and my kids (in double kayaks with me and my wife) got quite tired. I was grateful when Lara offered to tow us part of the way. I saw that Yannick did the same for our friends. We then had a delicious lunch next door at an outdoor restaurant. In the afternoon, the kids rented boogie boards and played in the gentle surf.

As a caution- they are building up the area with more condos and houses, with the intention of creating an entire beach town. Right now the beach is isolated and gorgeous. I hope it's not overdeveloped!