“Sea Kayaking with Yannick”
Review of Pura Vida Ride

Pura Vida Ride
Book In Advance
More Info
US$70.00*
and up
Mountain Bike Tour at Las Catalinas
More attraction details
Owner description: Pura Vida Ride is located 50 meters from the waters edge in one of the most spectacular setting in Costa Rica. We provide Stand-Up-Paddle, Mountain Bike, Kayak and snorkel rental and sales and offer a range of guided tours, lessons, adventure packages, and transportation services. Our outfitter store also offers a full service General Store offering the best coffee, pastries, ice creams, drinks and snacks on the Gold Coast of Guanacaste.Welcome to our Playground: Nature built it; we supply the toys.
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were with a multi-age group (between 6 and 70 yrs old) and had a nice 2 hour sea kayaking tour with Yannick. He helped those of us who needed it and even took one of the kids into his kayak when it proved a bit difficult for her mom to paddle both of them. He got us moving and guided us through to the easier route on a windy day. The owners were helpful in getting us all outfitted and set up in our kayaks. Yannick had extra water in case we needed it. Ask for a back rest, it makes the ride much nicer! Nice beach and clean bathrooms for swimming and changing afterwards. They did have a small store with quality gear but I didn't take note of the prices to say if they were reasonable or not.

There are newer reviews for Pura Vida Ride

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We had a really nice ride on the Mountain Bike Trails at Playa Danta. Yannick was a great guide, pointing out things along the way, including fish in the water that we could see from high up above.
When we were done, we took a dip in the water just outside their shop. The staff were all super friendly and they serve up an excellent expresso bar inside the shop. If you use clipless pedals, I would recommend that you bring your own pedals. The shop guys were happy to put them on. That way you have the release tension set just the way you like it.
You may want to bring your own bike. The shop had only a 29" bike for my wife. I thought the tight switchbacks in the trails were better suited to a 26" wheel size. Otherwise, no complaints.

1  Thank Jeff L
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My family stayed at Las Catalinas on Playa Danta for the last week and rented all our outdoor adventure gear (bikes, paddleboard, boogie board) from Pura Vida Ride. The staff is absolutely wonderful. Yannick, Reeny, Lara, Missy and Keaton make the experience. They go way out of their way to help everyone that walks through the door. And my son, 9-years old, learned yoga from Reeny at the lessons she taught before the shop opened!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I went to Pura Vida Ride to buy some swimwear and the employee, Melissa, was super helpful and friendly. She not only helped me pick out the perfect board shorts, she also shared her knowledge of the area and gave me good advice regarding where to kayak. I spent most of my time in Potrero visiting the places she recommended, and I wasn't disappointed. I'll come back to Pura Vida Ride again because I got a ton of value there.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

While staying at nearby Sugar Beach, by husband and I drove the short distance to Pura Vida Ride and rented kayaks for a fabulous afternoon paddle! The staff was so friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable---particularly Chris who went above and beyond to make our adventure a memorable one! Their gelato and baked goods were the perfect after-paddle treat. Thanks so much to Chris and Lara and the rest of the crew for their expertise and kindness! We'll definitely be back……..