“Amazing as always”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Have been coming to this restaurant for the past 20 years always fantastic food service and atmosphere great for children no matter how busy they always make them feel special can't recommend enough you won't be dissapointed ❤❤

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank bronwynw2017

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

A fantastic family meal, the food is absolutely amazing and the staff are lovely! They even found out how long my grandparents had been married and presented them with a cake after the meal. I would certainly recommend this place!

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent restaurant- food good and staff efficient and friendly. Well worth a visit. Very authentic atmosphere. Good menu with plenty of choice. Looking forward to visiting again.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

So..I have been coming here once a year with my eldest son for at least five Summers on weekend trips away. we have always had a lovely time and felt very welcome. My younger son...aged 10...recently had a heart transplant after 9 months in hospital with end stage heart failure. he nearly didn't make it. when he was in hospital...to keep him going...we encouraged him to write a wish list of all the places he wanted to visit after he was home. Having dinner at La Piazza with his Mum was on the list having heard from his brother how amazing it was. So we planned a weekend in Blackpool and arrived at the restaurant. My son was very excited and wanted it to be just right so he slightly rearranged it so that we were sitting opposite each other rather than squished up on an angle. One waiter asked if we could move table if we wanted to sit opposite which we didn't mind and happily obliged. The other waiter however was shaking his head with disapproval at my son and was obviously assuming that my son was being awkward. When we ordered I asked if my son could have smaller portions, knowing that he has a smaller appetite and not wishing to waste good food and again the waiter made clear his disapproval...rolling his eyes and making it clear that he was unhappy with the request. I have to say that this spoiled the evening for us although the other staff were lovely and the food was delicious. I would like to say to that waiter 'Please don't make assumptions and be judgemental about children. You never know what unusual circumstances there might be and your manner and attitude spoiled what would have been a precious and special memory that my son had been looking forward to for many months. My son nearly died waiting for a new heart. please have a heart yourself.' I'm afraid the experience means that I would be very reluctant to return to this restaurant again...after many previously lovely experiences. Very saddening and disappointing.

4  Thank Emma662014
Reviewed 27 August 2018

birthday celebrations are fantastic, good food and great staff, they will go out of their way to help.

Date of visit: October 2017