“Hotel with its beach”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Limbe
Washington
“Hotel with its beach”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

You can't stop looking at the black-sand beach. I found the hotel to be clean and neat. The staff was very help and I think it was good value for money.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Seme Beach at this property along with the surrounding environs are beautiful.Looking at the lush of the tropical mountains in the background especially Mount Cameroon make this place worthy of staying.They have a river pool thats quite cool as its flowing from the mountains.The black sand Seme Beach is closed off at dusk.There's a restaurant on the premises service pasta,meat dishes to seafood.The hotel restaurant is a little pricey yet the food is decent.The breakfast is coffee,tea,rolls served in the breakfast hall of the main reception area of the hotel.There are two gift shops in the hotel reception area along with a couple more down by the restaurant. The rooms are like cottages that are settled on a hillside going down to the beach.They are a little tired looking yet will surfice with shower ensuite bathroom,air conditioning,television with a small closet in the room.Beds were fairly comfortable room overall was clean. This is a place where you spend a 2 or 3 nights yet not anymore then that.Management was helpful so was the front desk to questions I had.This hotel is a Minotel Group Hotel it's about 10km or 6 miles from the city centre of Limbe. Taxis that run along the strip will take you into town for $1.00 USD or 500CFA they are shared. Allow 2 1/2 hours at least by shared taxis to get to the airport from the hotel or go private for $40.00 in about two hours to Douala Intl.Airport.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Dresden, Germany
Reviewed 14 April 2012

we entered the hotel area for day use only - the beach was very nice, but care for a lot of stones, because of strong waves in my opinion not first choice for kids, but for kids there is a small river to swim in.
The food at restaurant (see picture) was good, the restaurants toilets were a little bit poor...

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank StefanDD
Forchheim, Germany
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Hi all,

I spent my first couple of weeks in the Seme 2007 and came back until February 2011, most likely I will be back in Summer 2012. I stayed there with my Cameroonian partner all the time.
First of all it helps very much in the hotel if you speak french. The breakfast is french style, so croissant, coffee and that's it. Lunch is ok, dinner usually very good. We used one of their suites as an office/bedroom arrangement and the staff really took good care of us, especially as we brought staff members through to Idenau on an offshore project. Please don't forget - it's Africa :)
We usually used Room 153, right of the reception, where we had two desks set up in the front room and the bedroom. Another colleague used a bungalow right besides the main building and he didn't have any complaints either.
OK - we were there to work, but both my Cameroonian lady and myself always felt well and welcome in the Seme Beach

Room Tip: Room 153 is good for business use
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 15 February 2012

For Business,I don't know,but for a romantic quality time in couple...Seme Beach is just what you need!
A little expensive though,but it totally worth it! I'm 101% satisfied and I hope my baby and I will go back there again for our 2nd anniversary!
P.S: People stop complaining..Its Africa..We do what we can with what we have and guess what??We ROCK!

Room Tip: Do not book online..!!!That Service is not yet efficient.Our reservation got lost!Go there in person...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marie Joseph M
California, USA
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We too cut short our stay here. We were given a room with a broken air conditioner, and warned by other guests that they had moved the day prior from the same room with broken AC. Our next room was dark except for bathroom, which had no curtain so guests in adjacent building could look down on our toilet and shower. Sink drain was plugged up. My traveling companion waited for 40 minutes to get refund on difference in room costs, and for a second towel for our room.
Beach was nice, but without staff from hotel there during our stay. Breakfast was nothing special, and they ask for your room number to assure that no one has more than one croissant apiece.
We paid less for our next night in a nicer hotel room with better service, one mile from Seme Beach Hotel, on the same stretch of beach.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CA7777

Travellers are raving about these Limbe hotels

italy
Reviewed 30 April 2011

I spent only one night there during my travel in Cameroon. I wanted to find an acceptable beach hotel but I face one of the worst experience despite all the positive advertisment (nice room, internet, good restaurant). The reality was, in few words, a modern but small rioom without any character, internet no working, very bad food and scandalous breakfast also the european owner claimed it was included in the room price.
For the rest the hotel, used for local conventions and meeting, is better to be avoided by individual travelers that could find alsi in Limbe simpliest hotel but more welcoming.

Room Tip: Avoid any room
Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lionitaly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Limbe
Fini Hotel Bobende
Tsaben Beach Hotel
Tsaben Beach Hotel
#1 of 14 in Limbe
The LK Hotel at Bonadikombo

Been to Hotel Seme Beach? Share your experiences!