“Lovely place.”

Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: European, Russian, Ukrainian, Eastern European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Russian Hut - 1st Restaurant of Russian and Eastern European cuisine on the Island! Russian Hut - A Piece Of Russia in MAURITIUS! The name tells it ALL - this is THE ONLY place on the Island with the predominant spirit of Eastern Europe - mainly Russia and Ukriane. First Russian restaurant in Mauritius! "Russian Hut" is a great place to eat, combining an genuine atmosphere of Russian and Ukrainian traditional heart welcoming with excellent, interesting food and drinks. The mission is not only to have great tasting food, but have efficient and friendly service because customer satisfaction is paramount. Very nice and cosy outside terrace gives it a special addition. Russian, Ukrainian, Belorussian and other ex-USSR dishes are the base, but our MENU overall is very much European and infused for the local taste as well. We are designed for large companies and great venue for events. Very comfortable kids corner which give them maximum comfort (as well as for parents, LoL). Our MENU is very balanced with great variety to offer for both vegetarian and non-veg guests. From the typical Russian to European and Mauritian style, with fish, veg and/or seafood plates.
Trou aux Biches, Pamplemousses, Mauritius
“Lovely place.”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Beautifully decorated, the food was full of delicate flavours, and the waitress was polite and efficient. Our guest had a couple of vodka cocktails which he thought were real good. All in all a very pleasant experience. We'll certainly go back there again.

• Visited December 2013
Olga_Russian_Hut, Owner at Russian Hut, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Jennifer,
Thank you so much for a feedback. Very happy you liked it and will be waiting for your return.
Best regards and happy upcoming New 2014 Year!

Mauritius
“Russia re-visited”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

After a long absence, we decided to go for a meal at the Russian Hut. We had visitors, one being Russian, so the test of authenticity would be real. It was a warm evening and we got a table set outside in true european style. We ordered a selection of starters to share which turned out to be a brilliant idea as we got to sample a large variety of tastes and textures. My favourites were the salmon blini - little rolls of salmon and cream cheese and the eggplant rolls - thin slices of lightly fried eggplant filed with a creamy feta cheese mixture. The beef tongue was also proclaimed to be good. The salads were crunchy and flavourful. For the main course I loved the boscht, full of flavour enhanced by the sour cream. A must. The flavour of the beef stroganoff was simply superb. A dish i have made many times, but this one was full of caramelised onions and perfectly seasoned. The palemini was served in a perfectly round dish smothered in cheese. Our Russian guest gobbled up the left-overs for breAkfast the next morning. Naturally we had a few shots of well chilled vodka to complement the dishes. By this stage we were so full we could not manage any dessert, but we will be back, thats for sure.

• Visited December 2013
Olga_Russian_Hut, Owner at Russian Hut, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Thank you very much for a wonderful feedback! Was great to see you after a long absence and we are extremely happy that you liked new menu and new executive chef specialties. Looking forward to seeing you soon again. Merry Christmas!!!
Mauritius
“Hmmmmmmm”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Good atmosphere.... The decoration and music reminds me of russia... The food as well feels a little russian touch. But after having stayed in Russia for 6 years, I found the place a bit disappointing. Mostly when it comes to the price.... It is really too expensive.... Worth trying though for those who doesn't know much about Russia.... I liked the fact that we get original RUSSIAN vodka there, but it is too expensive as well....

Visited August 2013
Dear RoNit4813,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very happy that you liked the ambiance and vodka. VODKA BAR at Russian Hut only has pure and original vodka's and I can assure you that the prices for the same type of vodka in the places which have them on the Island are the cheapest. E.g. a shot of Black Sea costs 150 MUR and I will give you a bottle for free if there is any other restaurant or bar where you can have a shot of organic vodka from Russia or Ukraine cheaper than that.

You mentioned that you have visited in August and we were in the process of upgrading the kitchen. I encourage you to visit once again and try new menu from Nikolay, our new Executive Chef and also new sets of Ifused Vodka's based on Black Sea. There is a special set where you can choose three shots for just 400 MUR. Best sellers are "Russian Lemon", "Ginger-Honey" and new one which is stronger, "Anise".

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Merry Christmas!

Madrid, Spain
“Russian cuisine in Mauritius - tasty and authentic”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Nice place if you fancy something different while in Mauritius. Stylish decor, good choice of traditional Russian dishes which are delicious and (can confirm that being of Russian origin myself) authentic.

• Visited August 2013
Olga_Russian_Hut, Owner at Russian Hut, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you very much for a great feedback and you are welcome any time back.
Have a great stay in Mauritius and if you need any help and/or advice feel free to stop by.

Regards,
London, United Kingdom
“Great place and Good value for money”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Visited Russian Hut a week ago, and what I can say is I have had the time of my life. Russian Hut is a place for family. I felt at home and my kids had so much fun in the kids area which is upstairs. The decor, the atmosphere was just perfect. The food was great and the drinks were amazing, and the list of cocktails is just WOW! My bill came around 3500 rupees and I can tell you, I did not hesitate to pay such amount of money. It is really great value for money for what I have consumed and experienced. My first experience in a Russian restaurant and I will not hesitate visiting the restaurant again. I recommend Russian Hut to everyone who is visiting Mauritius.

• Visited June 2013
Olga_Russian_Hut, Владелец at Russian Hut, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear Kevin!
Very happy that you and your family including kids liked the restaurant. We keep kids area as a must to have part of the restaurant. Enjoy your stay and come back any time!!!
With warm regards,