“Absolutely awesome”

Club Med La Pointe aux Canonniers
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We (family with 2 teenagers aged 19 and 16) just returned from a weeks holiday at Club Med. It was unforgettable. The hotel is stunning, the service outstanding, the food delicious and the entertaining was superb. All the staff went out of their way to make us feel special. I need to mention the GO responsible for the South African guests; Tegan de la Pierre. Thank you once again, we hope to return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,996)

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My wife, Dede, and I have always gone to Club Med Pointe Aux Cannoniers for special occasions, Honeymoon, anniversaries and things like that, so it really was not a problem to select this resort for my 60th birthday! The consistently high standard and value for money on a really expensive island cannot be faulted. The Chef de la Village, Lionel Pirolte, was always extremely visible, making sure everything was running smoothly, in fact I would go so far as to say he is one of the best Chef de la Village I have experienced! Before arriving at the Club, I mentioned that I had a medical problem which is quite annoying, and could they help with a room close to the beach so I could nip back frequently to ease the problem! They really helped, and gave us the most perfect room ,without that assistance, our holiday could have been a disaster! A special thanks to Nasser in the restaurant, and Mr.Frederick at the beach bar! Hats off to Club Med, and thanks for everything! We will be back in September for our anniversary!!

Room Tip: Club rooms near the jetty are great!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spikefarrell
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We spent a week at the resort and what a fantastic holiday we had! Our two boys had loads of fun, lots to keep them occupied! The food was great, the staff are super friendly and helpfull and the resort is beautiful!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had only one day in Mauritius time time and we wanted to spend it being spoiled by this great island nation. Everyone at Club Med was extremely helpful and very nice. We went just for the day and got the day pass that included alcohol and food. It was a great value and a great price. Just like any place, you need to be willing to drink more than a few drinks to make it worth the price but if you drink enough, you definitely get a bargain. I will come back for sure during my next trip to Mauritius.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We just came back from a week here and had a fantastic time. We had interconnecting rooms with our 3 young kids in one room and this was great. The food was great. Service at times was a bit slow at bar and in the dining area but the hotel was very full and probably 80% of the guests were french. They can quite rude and we all got a bit gatvol of all the french being spoken. I suggest you go there outside of the french school holiday :) i would definitely go back to club med!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I came here for our Honeymoon and we were very disappointed. First of all our bed was two singles pushed in on one double so we couldn't exactly sleep together. The room was filthy with ants inside the room and climbing the walls. The shower was always cold. We also payed for all inclusive expecting to get most sports included but in fact we didn't have any water sports included all we could during our stay was lie on the beach, go in the pool or play tennis. The staff were friendly but however when activities were going on they all spoke French and didn't translate to English so we didn't know what was going on. The food was average, I didn't think I was fussy until I tried there food, the selection of 'normal' foods were very limited or cold. Our over all experience was very poor and we will not be returning.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank ElizabethMoney
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Thanks to Kendy, Trishi and Lion for a fun filled holiday. Swimming with the Dolphins was incredible and the Hotel was very nice. I was very impressed with all the activities which was great for the kids (aged 14-16) - comfortable beds and clean rooms. Food was fresh and there was a good mix - GO's so friendly and fun. Great all-round holiday.

Room Tip: We had the sea facing deluxe which was great. We took upstairs so we could sleep with the doors ope...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pointe aux Canonniers
Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resor...
#2 of 5 in Pointe aux Canonniers
The Oberoi, Mauritius
The Oberoi, Mauritius
#1 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments
Baystone Boutique Hotel & Spa

Been to Club Med La Pointe aux Canonniers? Share your experiences!