This was our second club med experience, last year going to Cherating in Malaysia. This was different in that it was smaller and focused on water sports. This is why we chose La Pointe in Mauritius. The first couple of days we did have a few problems with the GO's in the mini and teen club. They were disorganised and all over the place. We had to constantly find out where they were. The GO's Chris and Eric just did not seem interested in the kids at all. Versus Cherating Club Med where the GO's went out of their way to give the kids a good time. In the end the Chief of the resort changed the GO's and we had Antoine a french guy who looked after our kids. Antoine was fantastic. All in All however most staff were keen to ensure that we had a good time and in the end we accomplished what we set out to achieve and that was getting right into the water sports. The service was good and rooms clean. French was mainly spoken at the resort and sometimes this proved frustrating. I think it was good for our kids to get immersed into a different language and culture, maybe it will help with their languages at school. We would highly recommend going on one of the day trip to Blue Bay. The snorkelling was fantastic and gave you a different perspective on the whole Mauritius experience. If you are into food they did provide various different foods. I would rate the food above average with a better quality being provided at Cherating, Malaysia. We do like the Club Med experience and keen to explore the other Club Med experiences around the world. We would recommend this resort for those into diving, sailing and water skiing. There are plenty of activities at this resort for those energetic enough to get involved. I hope I have given a broad opinion on my experience at this resort, especially for the ozzies who are travelling a long way to get to this resort. Weather was windy the first three days but the last five days was perfect weather. Not humid at all. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the Southern hemisphere, in the heart of the Indian Ocean, Mauritius brings together all kinds of beauty. You can marvel at a palette of colors, from the evergreen mountain to the perfectly blue sea, from colorful gardens to the beach of coral sand. In this unspoilt natural setting with abundant greenery, the colonial-style bungalows of La Pointe aux Canonniers, gently rise above lush green lawns awash with hibiscus. In this atmosphere of variety, you will discover this renovated Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med La Pointe aux Canonniers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Pointe Aux Canonniers Hotel Pointe Aux Cannoniers
- Club Med Pointe Aux Cannoniers
- Pointe Aux Cannoniers Club Med
- Club Med La Pointe Aux Canonniers Mauritius