Felt moved to write about Karafuu having read some older, negative reviews about the place. We stayed at Karafuu for four days at the end of a safari in Tanzania and a couple of days in the fabulous Stone Town on Zanzibar. The holiday was through an adventure company - not normally our way as we are independent traveller types. Given that the company had booked the Karafuu for us, we were full of trepidation as we are used to booking our own hotels. On arrival, we were delighted with what we saw. The Karafuu is fabulous. Rooms are clean and, contrary to reviews, there are indeed TVs now in the room (but really, with so much to do like tennis and swimming and walking the white sandy beaches why would the last reviewer watch to watch the tellY??!!) There is bottled water too etc etc. I feel some of the reviews were really harsh for several reasons but particularly because the staff are all local people and really do their best to please guests. They are warm and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. We loved it here. Buffet bland? Not at all. We had seafood, curries, delicious fresh fruit and vegetables. We sampled crab, red snapper, amazing prawns and grouper. The breakfasts were just legendary - and all delivered with a smile. We went diving every day and our kids tried it for the first time. David the dive master was incredible - and was brilliant with the children. After our dusty safari, we were keen to try the spa. We had pedicures and massages in the delightful spa - set overlooking the beautiful beach and sea. We didn't use the fitness centre (too busy swimming!) but it looked lovely. A truly positive experience all round. Fabulous service from warm and friendly people. We loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a deserted white sandy beach, at 65 km from Stone Town, lies Karafuu Beach Resort and Spa, an international five-star hotel, winner of the World Travel Awards as Tanzania Leading Resort and Africa Leading Beach Resort 2011 .It is one of the most luxurious hotels on the east coast of Zanzibar, where, even during low tide, it’s possible to enjoy a comfortable swim in the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Jovago.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Karafuu Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karafuu Beach Hotel Pingwe
- Karafuu Hotel Beach
- Karafuu Resort Beach
- Karafuu Beach Resort And Spa Zanzibar Island, Tanzania