After safari-ing in mainland Tanzania we headed to Zanzibar for five days of relaxation & recuperation as part of our Honeymoon! Our room was actually an entire cottage with a beautiful Zanzibari wooden door & four poster bed! The pool was great to chill by but even better was walking out to the Indian Ocean to wade through the turquoise waters, spotting fish as you go. Along the walkway into the sea are numerous tour guides trying to extract your business...but a firm & polite "no thank you" does the trick. We did a snorkelling trip through the hotel...this was great fun & perfect for beginners...my new husband included! We also took a trip to the nearby mangrove swamps in a traditional Zanzibari boat...beautiful but outrageously overpriced! The service was impeccable & the food delicious...especially the traditional local food served on the African night. A perfect location after a week on safari!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a deserted white sandy beach, at 65 km from Stone Town, lies Karafuu Beach Resort and Spa, an international five-star hotel, winner of the World Travel Awards as Tanzania Leading Resort and Africa Leading Beach Resort 2011 .It is one of the most luxurious hotels on the east coast of Zanzibar, where, even during low tide, it’s possible to enjoy a comfortable swim in the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Karafuu Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karafuu Beach Hotel Pingwe
- Karafuu Hotel Beach
- Karafuu Resort Beach
- Karafuu Beach Resort And Spa Zanzibar Island, Tanzania