I have worked in a famous hotel for two years, and our family has visited many great hotels, but the Karafuu hotel really went beyond any expectations. The staff is so amazingly friendly, and not just because this is the standard, they really treat you like family and friends. The accommodation is beautiful, spectacular views, fully cleaned and made up twice a day with flowers and everything, and really spacious with also a beautiful big balcony! The food was actually great, they had a different themed buffet every evening with lots and lots of choices, among which live cooking by different chefs. Also the breakfast was amazing, sitting on the beautiful terrace, sipping African tea or coffee, while watching over the beautiful see with all the changing colors. Also Karafuu has a lot to offer for recreation. In the morning you can make a beautiful walk along the beach and watch the locals fishing in their colorful clothes. If you like sports, there's a tennis court, you can play beachvolleyball, swim in the pool with ocean view or join the aqua aerobics lesson. If you like leisure: lie yourself down on one of the soft beds at the beautiful soft sanded beach while reading a good book that you can also get at the hotels bar (they have a lot of choices of books in many languages), have a relaxing and soothing massage or take a course Swahili: Jambo! If you like adventure: the hotel offers a lot of different excursions in Zanzibar and you can learn scuba diving by Lars and go out to see the beautiful fish from a real close distance. If you like games more: there's soccer and pool table at the bar where you can also get good cocktails and snacks and you can use the internet 24 hours a day. Also, if you are lucky, the Colombo monkey will visit you're accommodation. These really sweet and social creatures only live in Zanzibar. I recommend Hotel Karafuu to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a deserted white sandy beach, at 65 km from Stone Town, lies Karafuu Beach Resort and Spa, an international five-star hotel, winner of the World Travel Awards as Tanzania Leading Resort and Africa Leading Beach Resort 2011 .It is one of the most luxurious hotels on the east coast of Zanzibar, where, even during low tide, it’s possible to enjoy a comfortable swim in the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Jovago.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Karafuu Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karafuu Beach Hotel Pingwe
- Karafuu Hotel Beach
- Karafuu Resort Beach
- Karafuu Beach Resort And Spa Zanzibar Island, Tanzania