Me and my family have been regulars to Paraa for over 10years now.
We have always been very comfortable in the lodge, we mainly travel there to rest, enjoy the scenery and if we feel like it we go for a game drive... We have loved Paraa ever since day 1, probably one of the best safari Lodge in Uganda.
The lodge is perfectly located for adequate game drives, you do not need to cross the river with the ferry in order to have an early morning cats search. Clean, and comfortable, nice and spacious rooms. It has a pool which has plenty of shallow parts which is great for kids.... it also has a bar which is very handy and offers ice cream, all sorts of drinks (both alcoholic and non), and some snacks....
The General Manager, Mr.Crispus, is great, cordial and very welcoming as always.
If you are lucky and willing to wait late at night you might spot a leopard when it is patrolling. This time I had the luck to see one as it approached the lodge. It was amazing.
Our only disappointment during our stay has been the quality of the food offered. This wants to be a general comment to Marasa. It seems that since the former Operations Manager left for the government job the quality of the food has reduced. When asked I was informed that the company is trying to reduce costs, but this should not be an excuse to serve stale and at least 2 days "old" bacon in the morning for breakfast. You risk getting people very sick. I did make the waiters notice and they promptly removed all the bacon they were serving at the buffet. This shouldn't happen. It made me wonder also about how the cold chain is kept and storage is secured. Generally speaking the food has been satisfactory but not great as it used to be in the past. We used to value Marasa for the quality offered but I must admit that the general trend has been changing. I hope the management will be able to revert to the high standard cuisine they used to offer and which it made them famous.
A part from this hiccup, Paraa has been very pleasant, as always.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1954, Paraa Safari Lodge is located in northwest Uganda in Murchison Falls National Park overlooking one of nature's best kept secrets, the River Nile. Paraa Safari Lodge offers a unique blend of comfort, relaxation and adventure. Each of the rooms is a haven of style and serenity, complete with balcony and private bathroom. The safari decor of the lodges still reflects the bygone era of early explorers, enshrined with a modern touch. The luxurious pool overlooks the winding River Nile below, which was the setting for the classic Hollywood move, The African Queen". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Jovago.com and Odigeo so you can book your Paraa Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paraa Safari Hotel Murchison Falls National Park
- Paraa Safari Lodge Uganda/Murchison Falls National Park